Is the Skin on my Nose to Thin

hello about 2 years ago i had a rhinoplasty to remove a bump on the bridge of my nose , during the healing process a small hard lump apeared on my nose which was removed with a revision a year after, both these sergeries were closed. my skin now has white pressure marks where it feels like the skin is too tight against the cartilage of my nose. is there any way of telling if my nose skin has thinned? and if i want to have a revision to get rid of the white marks could my skin thin again?

Thin Nasal Skin Problems

+1

You do have thin nasal skin.  The best way to tell is by looking at the thickness of the nostril rim, which, in you case is quite thin.  The problem with thin skin is that it will reveal ANY little irregularity under the surface, so the surgeon has to be exceptionally careful to sculpt the cartilage precisely. In your case, not only is the cartilage too prominant, but it is is also a little crooked.  To fix this, a little cartilage would have to be removed to bring down the hum and a little cartilage would have to be added to the relatively concave side of the nose to produce better symmetry.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thin skin

+1

The problem with thin skin is that it reveals every imperfection - you can benefit form a revision but make sure it is with an experience surgeon and consider a soft tissue (fascia) graft under the skin

Sam Naficy, MD

Thin skin after Rhinoplasty

+1
It appears by your photography that you have dorsal septum which is pushing up under the skin. While you may have thin skin this should not be a problem for revision. You need to consult with an experienced Rhinoplasty surgeon and he/she will explain your options to you.

Michael Elam, MD

Limitations of rhinoplasty due to thin skin

+1

Thin nasal skin can be a problem, especially for the rhinoplasty procedure. Thin skin shows all of the
irregularities across the bridge. Thick skin hides all of the irregularities across the bridge. It is important
that the patient has realistic expectations regarding their rhinoplasty and understand they may have to live with some minor little irregularities across the bridge if they have very thin skin.

Thin Nasal Skin

+1

The skin may shrink and contract over the underlying structure after a rhinoplasty and revision. Fascia grafts under the skin can be used to improve the appearance. Your tip also looks pinched and retracted. See an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.

Thin skin rhinoplasty

+1

The area on the bridge of your nose seems to be cartilage pressing on it. While you may have very thin skin, this should not be visible. Rhinoplasty on patients with thin skin is more difficult in that every milimeter must be at the correct level so that there is nothing showing through. This, however, seems excessive.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thin skin after rhinoplasty

+1

It is very possible that you have very thin skin.  Especially if you started out that way and you had multiple procedures.  Sometimes this can be corrected with fascia grafts or even alloderm placement.