Can the Skin on my Nose Stretch To Withhold a Revision To Lengthen Nose?

My nose was made so short and I really dislike it. I want my nose lengthened and want my non bulbous nose back. My doctor will use rib cartilage and well as a graft. The skin on my nose has contracted due to my nose being so short now. will he be able to stretch by nose enough to get my length back?

Stretching skin to re-lengthen nose

+1

The scar contracture that occurs with an overly shortened nose can make it more difficult to relengthen the nose. The key to lengthening the nose and stretching the skin is creating a strong enough internal nasal framework to counter-act these forces.

Rib cartilage is a great material for this purpose as it is very strong and will provide enough material for the needed grafting.

It would really take a hands on physical exam of your nose and nasal skin to give you a better idea of how well the skin will restretch, though. Another factor is how long your original surgery was. In the initial year or so after surgery the skin will be harder to stretch.

Can nasal skin stretch to accommodate nasal grafts in Revision Rhinoplasty?

+1

It depends on how tight your nasal skin is at this point after your Rhinoplasty...which we can't determine from this photograph.  IMHO, rib grafts, bone grafts, irradiated cartilage and conchal cartilage ear grafts all have a tendency to dissolve unevenly over time and as such should be avoided.  You may want a series of second opinions before having your Revision surgery.