Skin on Nose is Very Oily After Revision Rhinoplasty

My cast was removed yesterday and I have noticed that the skin on my nose is now very oily and I have alot of blackheads. Am I able to apply either an AHA or BHA on this area so that it can slough my skin back and hopefully normalise it again or is it too soon to use these type of products? Thank you in advance for your reply.

+2

I would advise against using any products that can cause any level of inflammation in the skin this soon after surgery. Remember, the skin over you nose is swollen and irritated at this point. In my opinion, it is better to allow the skin to "rest" now by only washin with mild cleansers. Ask your surgeon when you are ready for more intense skin care.

Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Oily congested skin after splint removal

+1

It is very common to have skin congestion (blackheads, whiteheads, acne) after the nose has been taped and splinted for a week.  Cleansing with soap and water typically takes care of this after a few days.

Sam Naficy, MD

Oily skin after rhinoplasty

+1

I would check with your surgeon before doing any nasal skin treatment. In my experience the nasal skin will flake quite a bit on its own once the cast is removed. Since it had been covered since surgery all the skin that would normally have sloughed off would have built up. Once the cast is gone the skin should start to become more normal over time.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Quite Normal After Removing A Cast

+1

That's quite normal when removing a cast after Rhinoplasty or Revision Rhinoplasty.  You should ask the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did your Rhinoplasty before using anything on your nose.