Is Skin Needling, Percutaneous Collagen Induction Effective?

Skin Needling, Percutaneous Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT Roller)

+5

Hi Lola,

I have seen impressive before and after photos of patients treated with the CIT roller, particularily for the troublesome vertical wrinkles of the upper lips.  It can be used for the entire face as well.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Skin Needling

+1

For anyone to evaluate a technology or methodology, the study design needs to be fully understood. I could not find any peer review articles on the above topic. A doctor can have their findings published in various periodicals but that would be more anecdotal evidence vs scientific fact.

Just looking at your description, retrospective studies are weak evidence especially when making claims for wrinkle reduction. Patient opinions are nice but there are many objective ways to demonstrate lasting wrinkle reduction that are not left to someones opinion. You mention that the dermis was thicker -- how was this measured and what histological stains were performed that demonstrated neo-collagen formation.

I could go on and on but if the company was interested in providing scientific evidence, they would understand the above. Perhaps, they are already doing some prospective trials.

Time will tell.

Michael Kulick, MD

Skin Needling Percutaneous Collagen Induction

+1

I have not heard of this before. I assume you are implying stimulation of skin using needles to produce more collage. It does not seem logical. I would stay away from it. The risks can be scarring or color change in the skin.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon