Is This Skin Necrosis? Also, my Belly Button is Red and Warm Around It. Is That Normal? (photo)

I've had my surgery three weeks ago. I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow. However, I have been on real self and read and got informed about many things. Couldn't find a question like mine with pictures. I've had full tt, fat graft to buttocks, liposuction of the abdomen, flanks, sides, and back. I've researched my doctor and he had great reviews. I'm still pleased with him but I don't want to bother him by calling him all the time. I appreciate your help.

S This Skin Necrosis? Also, my Belly Button is Red and Warm Around It. Is That Normal?

+1

We appreciate you posting here on REALSELF. But you paid a surgeon for your care. You have a minor issue that needs attention. DO NOT be afraid to "bother" your chosen surgeon! CALL NOW!!! 

Questions after tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)

+1

If you have questions you should immediately contact your surgeon.  You have a relationship and had surgery and that is the person best able to respond appropriately.  Having said that, your pictures show a normal result for three weeks out.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Post operative care after an abdominoplasty

+1

If you have questions about your healing progress then your plastic surgeon is your resource.  I do not see anything on your photos that would be a cause for alarm.  It looks like you have some drainage around the umbilicus as well as swelling of the lower incision.  Continue to follow your plastic surgeon's recommendations for post operative care. 

Too early to make a call on skin necrosis.

+1

Occasionally in abdominoplasty can result in loss of small pieces of skin and subcutaneous fat because the blood supply issues. The photograph is not shown of evidence to make a pronouncement about absolute soft tissue loss.

Skin necrosis 3 weeks post-op after multiple procedures

+1

If you are pleased with your surgeon, and he has committed to operating on you, it seems like a good relationship has been established, and therefore, you should NEVER feel badly about calling him with questions, especially if things aren't going exactly as you or he expected.  From the standpoint of your healing and your pictures, there is nothing here that will substitute for an exam by your surgeon, but it appears as though you have some slight healing issues with some impending small area of skin loss and some swelling of your belly button.  These could represent minor healing delays, or they could be an indicator of something requiring more aggressive management like an infection requiring antibiotics.  The best advice that you can get is to keep your appointment tomorrow, and clarify with your surgeon that he would like you to call his office with questions about your healing.  I think that sort of comes with the territory.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

Concerns after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource for accurate information, but there is no evidence, based on your photographs, of any type of tissue necrosis. The redness/warmth around the umbilicus is concerning  but again best addressed by your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to rule out infection.

Best wishes; hopefully you will be very pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.

Is This Skin Necrosis?

+1

This is not skin necrosis. It looks like you may be have a reaction to some to the sutures, and this can be addressed at your visit to your surgeon. All the best.