Skin on my Arm Was Burned by Hot Water when I Was 4. What Options Do I Have? (photo)

it happened about 26 years ago. can you please tell me if there exists any other options (instead of plastic surgery) to help reduce the appearance of the scar on my arm. for example, scar care products.

Treatment for a burn scar

+2

Burn scars have recently received a new treatment approach with fractionated CO2 lasers.  The Activ Fx laser has shown improvement in the range of 50-70% with burn scars that have both atrophic (thin smooth skin) and hypertrophic (thick ropey skin) features.  It cannot make your skin return to normal, but one or two treatments can make a big improvement.

Miami Dermatologist

Treatment of old burn scars

+1

For this scar, I would begin treatment with the fractional co2 laser skin resurfacing system used in my office.  The biggest challenge will be to restore skin color to the scar. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS