Skin Lightening Proven Method?

I've read on this site that HQ 4% is still the most proven method for lightening along with some form of Retin A. Could alpha arbutin be used in lieu of HQ? Also, I seem to recall getting white (tiny) spots on my skin when I used HQ. Many African Americans that I know who use HQ experience this problem - is there anything to combat this spotting? The spots have disappeared since I stopped using HQ. TIA.

Melarase and Arbutin

The Melarase program contains both Arbutin, non HQ skin lighteners, and HQ.  This will work well to treat hyperpigmentation. 

Effective Skin Lightening

Thank you for your question. You may use alpha arbutin if you like however it is not as effective as hydroquinone which is the gold standard in terms lightening hyperpigmentation. Once you use any bleaching agent once the pigmentation has lightened stop using it as it could very well bleach and lighten the surrounding skin.  Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist for the most effective and safe treatment options for you. I hope this helps.