Skin Issues Above Belly Button After Mini Tummy Tuck? (photo)

I had an unnecessary mini tummy tuck 16 weeks ago and hate the results. When I'm relaxed, standing straight/leaning left, my belly looks fine. When I'm flexing or leaning right, the skin above my belly button wrinkles badly. PS said skin is sticking to fascia and recommended endermologie to mobilize it. I've had 3 treatments, but no changes. Don't want to get in a bathing suit. Hate the sad face belly button as well - like a neon sign "I had (bad) work done!" What can be done?

Mini tummy tuck limitations

+2

Sorry to hear about your experience but hang in there as there are solutions.  It is ironic, however, that a procedure with the term "mini" could be more problematic than the full procedure but that is in fact the case.  A smaller group of patients are ideal candidates for a mini tummy tuck and it must be performed very carefully as too much or too little done during a mini tummy tuck could result in sub-optimal results.  Your options at this time are the following:

1) Wait longer and massage consistently

2) Go through the belly button and release the skin above the belly button.  This may result in the skin laxity crowding the belly button.

3) Full tummy tuck.  The location of your belly button will not be included in the tissue removed so you will have a small (about 3 cm) vertical scar somewhere between your belly button and your pubic bone.

4) Reverse tummy tuck.  This will require two separate incisions near your breast folds.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/tummy-tuck.cfm

Mini Tummy Tuck Problems....

+2

Sorry to hear about your unsatisfactory results. 
I do not believe Endermology will significantly improve your results.  It is possible that an in office procedure under local anesthesia that the wrinkling can be fixed.  As far as the belly button issue, the best fix for this is probably a full tummy tuck.

Web reference: http://www.DiscoverTheBeauty.com

Mini tuck result

+2

First let me say that I rarely do a mini tuck, because it usually only does part of the job. Most women have excess skin above the belly button as well, which needs attention, and a mini tuck usually does nothing for the belly button, or causes a downward pull on it. It appears that there is adhesion causing your issue. Thankfully it can be improved by a complete tummy tuck, so long as the belly button was left attached to your abdominal wall. If it has been "floated", in other words, detached internally from the abdominal wall, then that would make a full tummy tuck much harder to do. You need to see your plastic surgeon to address this.

Chapel Hill Plastic Surgeon

Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

So sorry you are unhappy.  Why don't you consider a 2nd opinion?  Without examination it is hard to say, but you may only need some minor revision surgery.  Be sure you seek advise from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons).  Good luck with moving forward with this.

Skin Issues Above Belly Button After Mini Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thanks for the photos posted, before photo would help! But not much can be done, sorry. Looks like a mis communication between you and the surgeons as to the risk/benefits of this operation for you.