Skin induration and discoloration over osteotomy sites 3 weeks after rhinoplasty (Photo)

Hello Drs. I had rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago and 2 weeks after the procedure, upon cast removal I have noticed the dark discoloration and skin induration seen in the pictures, over the osteotomy sites. It was not there immediately after cast removal but appeared a couple of days after that and it's still present. What is it? Will it improve? What could I do to expedite recovery? Thank you do much.

Do you know what kind of osteotomies?

+1
After looking at your pictures, the first thing I would do is ask your surgeon what kind of osteotomies you had. There are basically two "primary" styles, Transnasal (via inside the nose) and transcutaneous (after making an incision in the skin). the location of the swelling is the same on each side and it may be that  you had transcutaneous ones? Double check that for sure. Otherwise, it is possible that you have some slowly resolving bruising under there. 
The most important thing is to see your surgeon. There are many things that this could be, but I suggest double check you didn't have transcutaneous osteotomies as this would explain everything. 

Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Maybe external Osteotomy

+1
Dear Veronica2014,
I would ask your surgeon if he did external osteotomy work instead of internal. When you have this answer discuss with your surgeon what can be done to improve the healing process. I personally do all internal osteotomy work so I am not familiar with the recovery process. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD