Skin Height Difference Improve Without Further Surgery? (photo)

Hi, I am a 48-year-old Asian female. I had a brow lift, upper bleph, and lower transconjunctival bleph done 2.5 weeks ago. I wonder if too much fat was removed from under my eye, or the forhead muscle right above my nose was lifted too much. The skin at the inner corner of my eyes is higher than the area below my eyes. The puffiness was gone, but now the height difference creates a distinct curved line, and its shadow makes the darkness under my eyes more pronounced. Will this go away eventually?

A tear trough abnormality can be corrected with fillers or with orbital fat at the time of lower lid blepharoplasty.

+1

The photograph demonstrates a tear trough abnormality. This is after lower eyelid surgery so treatment is now restricted to fillers.

Eyelid surgery result and revision

+1

Early postoperative appearance after eyelid surgery tend to be persistent swelling in certain area that may make the adjacent area appears depressed or sunkened.  It is possible that too much fat may have been removed, but it is wise to wait at least 3 months for swelling to subside before considering revision.  Filler or tear trough implants are options to fill out this area if needed in the future.

C. Carson Huynh, MD, DMD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improvements to the Tear Trough

+1

Improvements to the tear trough can be made with fillers such as Restylane or with facial fat grafting techiniques.  I would wait several more weeks before making any decisions about this.