I Have Skin That Hangs on Around my Tummy, What Are My Options?

I Have Skin That Hangs on Around my Tummy  and I Wound Like It Flat How Can You Fix That

Extra belly skin

+1

The most likely answer to your question is a tummy tuck, but I really can't give you any good feedback without more information and pictures. I recommend you schedule a consultation with a board-certifed plastic surgeeon.

Options for hanging abdominal skin

+1

Hi there-

I cannot responsibly recommend options for you without knowing more about your goals, and performing a physical exam...

In general, however, hanging abdominal skin will require surgery in order to achieve a flat, shapely contour. There are no effective and safe non-surgical options- remember that things that sound too good to be true still are...

Armando Soto, MD

Hanging skin

+1

THe main advice that I would give you without a photograph is very simple.  If skin excess is your main issue, then more than likely you need a tummy tuck.  What I do NOT recommend in this situation is Liposuction alone as a procedure to improve this area.  Liposuction is likely to make this worse.  Make sure that you see a board certified plastic surgeon, who will help you figure this out.  Good Luck.

Dr. Vasisht, South Shore Plastic Surgery

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Losse Hanging Abdominal Skin

+1

Excess hanging abdominal is usually from pregnancy or weight loss.  If the extra skin is still there at one year it is not going away.  There are lots of advertisements for nonsurgical skin shrinkage, but none are reliable.  You will do best with a tummy tuck.  Find a surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery for a discussion of options.  Good luck.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

+1

A tummy tuck or abdominalplasty is the options you need to consider. Seek in person evaluations with boarded PSs in your area. 

I Have Skin That Hangs Around my Tummy, Options?Answer:

+1

Some form of Tummy Tuck will probably be needed to help get rid of the hanging, loose skin. Which type depends on the goals that you have and should all be discussed with your doctor...But it has been my experience that loose skin of the tummy in women over 40 years old will continue to be somewhat loose after just lipo...

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Skin Hanging Around Tummy

+1

When skin is this loose, a tummy tuck is usually the best option. Liposuction or other treatments are not likely to work.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Fixing Tummy "Hanging Skin"

+1

A picture or two or much better yet, a physical examination would have been VERY informative. In general, significant "hanging" tummy skin cannot be smoothed completely without surgical removal. A Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) would correct any muscle separation, would tighten the tummy muscles, would restore an hourglass figure and totally remove all excess tummy skin flattening it completely.

Answer to RealSelf.com question regarding loose skin of abdomen

+1

I cannot give accurate advice without an examination, but in general excess of the abdomen is addressed with an abdominoplasty or  tummy tuck.   This procedure does leave a scar across your lower abdomen and around your umbilicus, so there is a trade-off.   Do some more research and go for a consultation with a  Board Certified Plastic surgeon to obtain an answer.    You can also review a number of before and after pictures online.  Good luck.

Eric T. Emerson, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Hanging skin

+1

Loose hanging skin is exactly what is removed in tummy tuck surgery. If the skin is loose around your hips a circumferential tummy tuck would work best. Make an appointment with a Board Certified Plastic surgeon for a consultation.

Ronald Schuster, MD