Skin Grafts for Scars in Visible Area?

Is there a surgical procedure to get rid of fine, thin scars on arms? Would laser or skin grafting work? It's very noticeable since I'm tan and the scars are below my palm.

Pulsed dye laser and fractional laser for scars on the legs and body

+1

Skin grafting is used for scar contracture and has its benefits, that is why its been a tried and true alternative for decades for burn scars.  I would not recommend this as a first step.  Pulsed dye laser and fractional laser can improve textural problems and redness of scars with success.

These scars may look worse after skin grafting- don’t go that way!

+1

These scars may look worse after skin grafting- don’t go that way! Laser treatment with fractionated devices such as Fraxel, eMatrix and ProFractional can improve the appearance of these scars by blending them into the surrounding skin.

David Goldberg, MD

Scar treatment

+1
SCAR TREATMENT CAN TAKE MANY FORMS. THE CONSERVATIVE APPROACH WOULD BE TO START WITH LASERS. THEN RESORT TO SURGICAL PROCEDURES IF YOU DO NOT ACHIEVE THE DESIRED RESULTS. THE PHYSICIAN NEEDS TO SEE THE SCARS TO DETERMINE THE BEST TREATMENT FOR THEIR PATIENTS.

Shawn Allen, MD
Boulder Dermatologist