Will There Be a Difference In Lid Color After a Skin Graft For Overcorrected Surgery?

I had an upper eyelid surgery done about 7 months ago , but the doctor cut too much from my upper eyelid that left my eye not closing while asleep . so doctors here on RealSelf suggested skin grafting , and they said that when the skin grafting surgery is done there would be two colors on the lid . one is from the original eyelid color and the other is from the skin that was added to the eyelid . So please doctors is it true if skin grafting is done there would be difference in color ?thank you :)

+1

The answer to your question is probably.  However, do you need a skin graft at all?  Often there are other ways to deal with the situation.  You should see an Oculoplastic surgeon to see what is your best solution.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.neweyelids.com

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid skin grafts

+1

Skin grafts almost always end up being darker in color than the surrounding un-grafted skin. The degree of color disparity is not predictable before hand. If the problem is only present at night while you sleep and not noticeable during the day taping the eyelids when sleeping may be a better option.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Skin grafting in the best of hands is less than idea for the upper eyelid.

+1

It is done as a reconstruction but only when all other alternative have been evaluated.  I would not rush into this type of reconstruction without carefully getting several other opinions.