Skin graft 3 1/2 weeks post-MOHS, looks like big scab.

I had BCC removed by MOHS with inner ear graft. Kept wound moist and cleansed 2x daily. On suture removal, there was some central necrosis, but the edges looked "viable". I was to cont w/dressings for 1 wk more. The wound was very gooey/pale yellow w/an odor so 5 days later I went back & was told no infection, keep up the dressings for another week & given antibiotics just in case. It remained goopy-looking. 3.5 weeks post-op, there's a tall scab on the site. Is this normal? Will it fall off?

Necrosis of graft

+1
it is not uncommon for a skin graft to become hemorrhagic or scabbed over when it becomes necrotic and does not grow into the recipient area. This should be shown to your Mohs surgeon. 

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon