How Do You Know if Skin is Elastic Enough for Smart Lipo?

Hi, I am24 and I am5'5",125lbs.I have been training intensely as an aerial acrobat for 2 years and my body has changed for the better but I still have my mother's dreaded saddlebags and a few other spots that just don't fit me. It's distracting me from my daily life and I hold myself back professionally. BUT, I'm afraid that my skin is not so elastic and that I would end up like a saggy elephant. I am squishy. I do not have a huge weight loss or anything but I'm afraid the doctor won't tell me the truth. Help!!!

Liposuction Candidate?

+1

Examination by a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon will be helpful in determining the quality of your skin elasticity. Finding an honest reputable plastic surgeon in your area will require some due diligence on your part.

Liposuction at 24

+1

Unless you have an inherited disease of the elastic tissue, such as Ehler Danlos, your skin should retract quite well. See an experienced liposuction surgeon for them to examine your skin and tell you the risks and benefits.

Ronald Shelton, MD