Skin Discoloration After Ultra Lipolyse Normal?

I had ultra lipolyse done 5 months ago to thighs - and I still have discolored skin. The skin is darker (I am caucasian) in the area where the tiny fibre-optic laser was inserted under the skin. Can I do something to make it go away? Is this permanently damaged? Is that a common side effect and how long does it take to have normal looking skin again? I´ve gone to see the doctor and he says it will be fine, it will take a bit longer as it's related to iron (as I bruise easily). Tx for your help.

Skin discoloration after liposuction

+1

Skin discoloration after liposuction can occur.  It could be from hemosiderin deposition or possibly a burn to the skin.  Hemosiderin deposition results from red blood cells that dissolve in the subcutaneous tissue and release an iron based compound called hemosiderin which can discolor the skin.  Bleaching creams applied topically should help resolve this issue.  If the discoloration is from a burn, then the involved area may need to be surgically removed.  The burn would likely be from the laser, one of the reasons some surgeons do not like to use the laser for liposuction.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon