Skin Reaction After Rhinoplasty

Skin Damaged After Rhinoplasty (possibly due to Anesthesia)? I had Rhinoplasty in March. 1 week later I broke out with a itchy rash on my arms only. At my followup the surgeon said the rash would go away. It did but then shockingly I woke up to find black scars/spots all over my body!! What caused this and will it go away?!?!? I'm African American also.

Skin Reaction after Rhinoplasty

+1

Itching and a rash suggest some sort of allergic reaction. See your surgeon, and as others have suggested, a dermatologist. 

Skin reaction following rhinoplasty

+1

It would be best for you to seek the advice of a board certified dermatologist regarding the condition you are speaking of. They will be able to give you the best advice regarding a skin rash and the presence of spots on your body. I hope this helps answer your question. Thank you and best of luck to you.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Skin reaction after rhinoplasty

+1

With your posted story, i find it hard to relate the anesthesia with black spots on body. I recommend to see a boarded dermatologist ASAP.

From MIAMI DR. B