Which Skin Cream Should I Use for Bleaching?

I had a mastopexy surgery resulting in skin pigmentation on my left breast around the vertical incision what cream should I use? Thanks!

Bleaching cream

+2

The best creams for bleaching hyperpigmentation are prescription strength hydroquinone. Frequently these work even better when combined with Retin A use. However, in your case, I would suggest that your plastic surgeon confirm your source of pigmentation first.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Pigmentation after Breast lift

+2

For pigmentation of a scar after surgery, consider a bleaching cream, such as hydroquinone.

Laser can work well, but you'll get best results in conjunction with use of hydroquinone.

Before you start treatment, do have your surgeon check the pigment ed area as it may be residual from the areola, prior to the lift.  If that is the case, your surgeon may want to trim the area of pigmentation.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Skin pigmentation from scarring or from remaining bit of areola??

+2

Scars can become pigmented, and there are topical treatments that may help (I like Biocorneum myself).  But the scar you describe may not actually be pigmented due to scarring--it could be that you have some remaining areolar tissue around your scar.  Talk to your surgeon about whether this is a possibility. If that's the case, then only removal of that tissue will take away that discoloration.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Which Skin Cream Should I Use for Bleaching

+1

The best compound will have Hydroquinone 4%. I recommend Obagi products for this purpose.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD