Skin Complexion. Tan Skin to a Bit Lighter Skin Possible?

I have a tanned skin tone and I was wondering if there is some kind of peel or procedure I could ask my dermatologist/ or plastic surgeon for so I can permanently lighten my facial and body complexion. Is this possible? I'm really not that dark but I would prefer to be a few shades lighter.

Lighten Skin Complexion

+1

Thank you for your question. You may consult with a board certified dermatologist who can recommend bleaching creams, peels, or laser procedures to evaluate if you are a good candidate. There is no permanent solution as even after any procedure you will still need to protect your skin with sunscreen of SPF 30 with zinc oxide.  I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

+1

We offer the Vipeel in our practice, it works very well at lightening the skin somewhat.  It really brightens the overall complextion on the face. A series of peels may be what you are looking for.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS