Skin Care for Flaky, Dry and Irritated Skin?

I'm 25 and I've always had really sensitive skin and at times very very dry especially in the winter. In the summer I'm in the sun and have no zits, have lots of moisture, (I use sunscreen) and really no skin problems.

Lately, it's becoming so dry that I went to Sephora and got an all natural mild exfoliant. It was doing the trick to rid my face of the dry flaking skin but then it started to get really irritated, red in patches and very flaky.

Now its not nearly as red but still flaky. Should I get a Facial or Chemical Peel? If not, what are your suggestions? Pic doesn't really show how bad it is or how red it was.

Dry, flaky skin may really be a rash

+1

It sounds like you may have a rash, such as seborrheic dermatits (facial dandruff) or eczema rather than just dry skin. Both of these problems are worse in the winter. I recommend you go to a board-certified dermatologist for a diagnosis before you use any new products or try a new procedure.