New Cancerous Mole Growing Near Biopsy Site?

My husband had a biopsy on his chest and was found to have squamous cell cancer. He is scheduled for surgery in two weeks. We just noticed that he now has a new mole that was not there two weeks ago, an inch from the biopsy site. Is this possibly a new cancerous mole? Should we call the doctor before the surgery, or just wait until the appointment?

New cancerous mole

+1

Skin cancers do not typically develop over the course of 2 weeks. I would bring this spot to the attention of your dermatologist when you go in for your husband's procedure. If the new spot proves to be suspicious for skin cancer, it would probably still need to be biopsied.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.