Skin Around the Scar Stretches with Every Skin Resurfacing Procedure

I've had skin resurfacing procedures done several times, and each time the skin surrounding the scar stretches 4-5 weeks later. Is it a hormonal collagen reproduction problem, and is there something I can do about it?

Scar revision requires multimodal approach

+1

Blindly getting multiple laser resurfacing for scarring may not get the result you are looking for. You should be evaluated by a board-certified dermatologist who can help you maximize medicinal approach, review filler injection for the deep scars, punch excision fo ice-pick scar in addition to consideration of Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing.

Web reference: http://www.drwilliamting.com/What_s_New.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser resurfacing causes skin tightening

+1

When you undergo a laser resurfacing procedure, several things happen to your skin and any surrounding scars. The skin becomes thinner and more compact which is a good thing since it looks refreshed and more youthful. Also, any scars or wrinkles are stretched during the resurfacing procedure which results in a more taught appearance to the skin making the scars less visible or the wrinkles less visibe. It is similar to ironing a shirt or blouse. Also, collagen formation is increased and this results in additiional skin tightening and improved appearance to the skin. Sometimes multiple resurfacing procedures may be required to give the best results.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Need more information

+1

You pose a question that I "think" I know what you are trying to say. However, if you feel comfortable with this, please attach some pictures of your observations.

In general, the skin stretches with laser treatments secondary to the swelling. That is normal. I don't know why you have had multiple skin resurfacing procedures. I also do not know what the original problem is that you are trying to improve. Help me help you.