Skin and Aging. Male Mid 20s, Olive, South Asian Complexion?

is there any laser treatment i should be getting to look younger if i really dont have any specific problems?. if so which one?. i already use good skin care including a non prescription retinol, wear spf,take a multi vitamin and try and eat healthy when i can. i dont want to wait until i physically look old i want to remain a certain way to the best of my ability. would i be able to also know on what procedures we need to be getting at what age too? male/mid 20's with olive south asian skin.

You can only delay aging not prevent or cure it!

+1

Hi,

Aging is a very natural process, which happens to everyone of us. Normally, Asians show signs of aging late compared to Caucasians. I do agree with you that the best way to keep healthy and have a young looking skin is to follow a healthy diet and keeping fit.

As sun-damage is one of the major causes for aging, daily use of sunscreen is a must to maintain a healthy skin. Now coming to the use of retinol, have you started noticing fine lines and wrinkles already? If so, retinol is one of the recommended topical for fine lines. In addition to that, you can use Vitamin C serum, which prevents free radical damage of sun and delays aging. You can apply the Vitamin C serum before applying the sunscreen.

At the end of the day, in spite of all these protection you will tend to age, because that is how nature works. You can then start using anti-aging techniques like Botox, fillers, peels or lasers depending on the requirement.

In my opinion, you can delay aging by the above mentioned techniques, but you cannot prevent aging or cure aging..So stay happy and healthy, which will definitely take years off from your face..

India Dermatologist