Skin After Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant?

Hello... I am 8 days post op rhinoplasty and chin implant. I got my cast removed today and am feeling pretty good. The first thing I did was washed my face. Literally 5 layers of skin peeled off my skin (similar to sunburn) and my skin is bright red. It also feels like I dipped it in a frying pan full of grease. I'd there anything I can do to help this go away? Is there any particular face products I should be using? I previously have had acne issues but this feels bad! I'm nervous!

Skin issues after rhinoplasty and chin surgery

+1

You may be having a reaction to the tape adhesive.  See your surgeon for advise.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Peeling red skin

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing your pictures – you should consider posting images showing different views of your nose or seeing your surgeon for an assessment

Skin after Rhinoplasty

+1

Without pictures or seeing you in person, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  However, it sounds like your issues is from the tape and not the surgery per se.  If you post pictures, we may be able to give you more details.  However, if there is any question, you really need to follow up with your surgeon.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

After rhinoplasty, the best place to get advice on post-operative care is your surgeon.

+1

The adhesive from the tape and cast can cause your pores to become quite clogged during the first week, and give you a feeling like it was dipped in a pan full of grease.  That being said, 5 layers of skin peeling and bright redness is not typical, and could indicate some kind of reaction to the adhesives or infection.  The best person to make that determination, and make recommendations for the appropriate post-operative care, is the surgeon who performed your rhinoplasty.