Can I have Fraxel Laser if I am a Skier and am Exposed to Cold and Wind?

1.Is it enough to wait 2 wks to recover after treatment before skiing again? or longer? 2.Is it OK to receive fraxel 1550 within 2-3 days of skiing, with slight tanning/color? :I didn't get a lot of tan, but I can def see more color in my face and it is still a bit red the next day. Usually I do better blocking UVA & etc so that there is no trace of snow exposure than red cheeks for the next day from cold & wind, but didn't do so well this time :( Is it safe? Or should I reschedule?

Fraxel Laser

+1

I would not recommend it as your exposure to the elements may compromise your outcome.  The sun exposure is very risky.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Check with the Doctor who is doing your treatment for post operative care advice following Fraxel 1550.

+1

A lot depends on your skin type, the level of treatment and how you heal.  With total sun protection, it may be possible to ski within one day after Fraxel 1550.  You should be certain that you are being treated by a specialist who understands the treatment risks and who can also carefully outline your optimum post operative treatment plan.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel and sun exposure

+1

It is ok to have the Fraxel AFTER skiing even if a bit tan or windburn, but I would recommend waiting at least  month prior to going skiing after the treatment.   If you are like the skiers I know, and a month is too long to wait, you should postpone.  Best to you.

Jacqueline Calkin, MD
Sacramento Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel Laser and Skiing

+1

I would definitely wait until after ski season is over to receive any Fraxel treatments.  Even with the best sun protection, you are going to get sun exposure unless your face is completely covered all the time.  Being an avid skiier myself, I know this is not always possible.  When you are spending money on a fairly expensive procedure, you want the best results you can get.   You don't want to be tan or plan to be in the sun while getting these treatments.  Have a great ski season!

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist