Does a Ski Slope/scooped out Nose Look Longer Compared to a Nose with a Straight Bridge?

I'm getting a revision rhinoplasty to remove a slight bump on the bridge of my nose, I don't want to reduce the size of my nose anymore as I had a lot of reduction during my primary rhinoplasty, currently the bridge of my nose is straight with a slight bump on it, if I have the bridge scooped out will my nose visually appear longer than if I leave my bridge straight and just remove the bump?

Does a ski slope/scooped out nose look longer compared to a nose with a straight bridge?

+1

If you have a revision rhinoplasty to remove the nasal hump, your nose will not necessarily appear longer if you scoop the bridge. The goal is to create a nose that is balanced and in harmony with your other facial features. In general, a "scooped" nose does not always produce a desirable result, and can appear too overdone. I would recommend communicating with your prospective surgeon, as they will be able to provide you with advice. Computer imaging software can be used to give you an idea of how the final result may appear. The best results are generally obtained when:

1) Good communication is established between you and your surgeon
2) Your surgeon possesses a great amount of skill and has a solid game plan going into the procedure

I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

No, actually it's just the opposite.  Long straight noses appear longer than ones with a scooped out nasal bridge.