Need Sizing Opinions? 5'3, 115. (photo)

5'3, 115 lbs, 28'' ribcage, BWD 12. BA next week; having a hard time picking a size. I am using saline Allergans. My options are: MP300cc f/t 330 cc, HP400cc f/t 430cc. I don't want a look that is an absolute dead giveaway that I have implants. I would like full, supple breasts. I would ideally look like a full C/small D cup. I know this isn't an exact science but where do you think these implants would take me? Do you think that either would be a better fit for me?

Need Sizing Opinions? 5'3, 115. (photo)

+1

As you said, this is not an exact science, but my question is how did you come up with those options?  Because this is a fairly wide range.  However, if you are not sure about which one of these suits you best, choose one in the middle, a 350 cc mid-range.  However, make sure that your plastic surgeon is CERTIFIED BY THE AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY and adequately experienced in breast implants.  There is no other credentialing in plastic surgery that is superior to this or recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties.

Breast implant size

+1

I think that for you to determine a volume you can do a baggy test to give a rough idea.  As for the right implant for you, an exam in person would help guide the choice.

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Despite your excellent description of body type and goals,  it is not possible to give you specific advice without direct examination or at least viewing pictures.   Ultimately, careful communication of your goals, careful measurements (dimensional planning),  careful selection of appropriate breast implants and skillful execution of the procedure will be important steps in achieving your goals.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  revisionary breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “full C or small D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Implant size selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. 

Lastly, please make sure your surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  The proper credentials and certification matters.
Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Sizing Questions

+1

Here are a few thoughts. With the pictures you provided, if you told us you already had a breast augmentation, I'd would have believed it: your breasts are already very idealized with a good mound shape (projecting, conical, good nipple position).  So, given your already desirable starting point, if you want augmentation, you don't need 'a lot'.

You actually have more options than the two implants you mentioned.  Keep a few things in mind.  You are young, and you want to minimize how many surgeries you will have on your breasts.  As I have already said, you have projecting breasts. Given this, your surgeon should pick the implant that imparts the least long term detrimental effects on your breasts, skin, and ribcage.  That means high profile implants are out!  You don't need them anyway as your breasts are already 'high profile', and high profile implants put you at the highest risk for post operative complications. Next, consider silicone gel implants.  They have a gentler mechanical effect on your tissues compared to comparable saline filled implants.  If you are younger than 22, you can still get them as 'off label' from FDA recommendations; you and your surgeon will discuss all those issues involved.

Finally, reconsider how important it is to be whatever cup size you said you wanted. You should prioritize safety and best long term results, and not cup size.

I hope I have been helpful.  Best of luck! 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Can't decide on breast size

+1

First, forget about the numbers as this is what the surgeon should decide based on years of experience. If you wish to give the decision a go, well, the result will be 'yours'. You do have very adequate breast tissue to cover a saline implant, and moderate profile is going to work for most and give a soft and long lasting result. Most important though, you have to know the look that is right for you, and clearly show your surgeon. Any implant can 'fit', but the look is within your control only if you make the effort to know and show just what the ideal you should be. Can't decide? Your result will be what someone else likes, and you should hope you do as well.

Proper sizing for breast augmentation.

+1

Thanks for your question.  In looking at your photos, you have quite a bit of breast tissue naturally, in addition to medial fullness.  I would believe  that a moderate profile implant may give you a nice size improvement.  High profile implants that are in the 400cc. and larger size range may be very large for you, in my opinion.  The different sizing techniques, in which implants are placed in a bra and you have an opportunity to view the size, tend to fall short of the desired goal because the chosen implants may possibly never fit properly under the breast tissue, much less under the muscle.  I realize that many Plastic Surgeons use this technique for sizing, but in my practice this never works adequately and accurately.

If in doubt, always get several opinions from different Plastic Surgeons before you proceed with surgery.

Good luck.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

3D imaging can be helpful

+1

You have very nice breast and should not go big. You should try 3D imaging to see how your breast will look with different size and shape implants. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

+1

Thanks for the questions and pics.  I have my patients try on different "sizers" in their bra and tell me what looks good to them.  Also, I have the show me a photo of a topless woman that's the size they like.  On the day of surgery, I put in different sizes (which are near the size picked by the patient with the sizers) until it matches the picture.  To talk about cup sizes is very vague because it depends on where you shop.  If I were you, I would recommend you stay in the 300-350cc range.  The HP's you mentioned would look very fake and look like torpedoes.  Hope this helps.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Choosing a breast implant size?

+1

Hello and thanks for your post. I believe choosing an implant size is the hardest step for most patients. For a natural and supple breast, I rely more often on silicone gel breast implants. Saline breast implants are firmer and the bigger you go the more noticeable the change will appear. As far as sizing, I have patients return to the office as many times as they would like and try on the volume sizing system. Patients should not proceed until they are absolutely confident of the size chosen. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD