What size(s) of implants should I consider getting to be a regular 32 or 34 D cup?

I am 20 years old, have an A size cup, weigh 120 pounds, and am 5'6'' I have a 32 size back - I am wanting to get silicon implants. I haven't had any kids and won't be for a long while yet. I want them to look naturally shaped, but I want them big and noticeable.

BBA

+1
There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.
Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.
I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.
By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.
I hope this helps. Good luck!

32 or 34 D

+1

Dear Dolly,

Selecting implants size depends on your desire and measurements. Assuming that you are 32 A ( regular A and not small A) , to become a 32 D you will need roughly 375 cc implants. To become a 34 D , you will need 450 cc implants. I would like you to reconsider silicone implants for saline implants. For the size of silicone implants that you are considering, the incision will be long and will have to be place in the sub mammary crease where scars are not very nice and can be very noticable . Contrary to this, saline implants require only small incision under the areola where scar heal beautifully. In any event, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of breast augmentation surgery. Check the before and after pictures to make sure that you like the results.

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

What size(s) of implants should I consider getting to be a regular 32 or 34 D cup?Thank you

+1

Thank you for the question. Despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with meaningful specific advice. Ultimately, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging may also be very helpful during the communication process.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.