How Many Sizes Can I Go Down with the Breast Reduction and is It Safe for my Age?

I'm a 15 year old (Turning 16 next month) 5'1 girl that weighs 136 lbs and has size 36H breasts. I have pendulous breasts that have given me problems with my posture, my confidence, my breathing, and in every aspect of my life. I cannot exercise or engage in any sports because when I do my breasts hurt me. I also cannot find any clothes that fit me correctly. Also, where I live I cannot seem to find any bras my size so I have to order them I would like to go down to a D or DD... Is it possible?

Breast Reduction for Young Patients

+1

I would recommend visiting with well experienced, board certified plastic surgeons (along with one of your parents) to have an examination and receive the best advice.  I recommend that you have the breast reduction surgery once you know that your breasts have stopped growing.

This is one of the most patient pleasing operations I do - patients are very happy afterwards that their neck, back and shoulder pain is alleviated.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm

Breast Reduction Can Be Performed In Mid-teens

+1

IT certainly is possible and relatively safe (if you are otherwise healthy) to undergo a breast reduction at your age.  It sounds as if you would be a good candidate.  The only caveat is that you should probably delay the surgery if your breasts are still "growing".

Breast reduction and age

+1

If you have stopped growing and have reached adult size,etc.. then a consult with a plastic surgeon of course with your parents' permission might be a good idea.  In most cases, your request to reduce to a "D" or "DD" seems reasonable. Of course an exam is necessary.

Is breast reduction safe in a young girl?

+1

Yes, breast reduction is safe in any age girl that suffers from back pain and other issues related to large breasts. I perform lots of reductions and patients see immediate relief of their symptoms. I would encourage you to seek a well qualified Plastic Surgeon ASAP and discuss your goals.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Have a reduction

+1

What a huge problem for such a small adolescent.  I would suggest that you see an endocrinologist to be sure the large size of your breasts is not some type of hormonal imbalance.  Then you should see a board certified plastic surgeon to find out about the

operation and help you decide about the best size for you.  I tell my patients to go to several

plastic surgery web sites to look at the before and after photos to get an idea of what you 

want for yourself.  You must know about the consequences of scars, possibly not being able to breast feed and not know what effect pregnancy will have on your new breasts.

Breast reduction at age 15

+1
An H cup can be very painful at any age, but especially at 15. Breast reduction is safe at any age, subject to medical clearance. However, unless you can establish scoliosis or a similar condition, it is currently the position of most insurance companies that the procedure is not covered on women under age 18. Call your insurance company for clarification and see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation but it is important for you and your parents to be aware that this may be completely out of pocket under the terms of their insurance contract.