Different Sizes and Shapes of Cheek Implants?

I am getting cheek implants late this year. Can anyone provide a more specific breakdown about what different implant shapes and placements do. I am getting a lower bleph to remove excess skin at the same time and I want an implant that will best compliment this and provide increased forward projection as well as side projection. I have an oval flat face with volume loss and indents at tear troughs.

Different Sizes and Shapes of Cheek Implants? #cosmeticsurgery #microfatgrafting

+2

Dear nicolive2379

Thank you for your question!  You do not need implants to contour the face.   Micro fat grafting is an excellent technique for shaping the face- restoring volumes lost in the temples, cheeks, jawline and can be combined with EYELID surgery to give fantastic results.  With fat grafting - you avoid implant risks and its your own tissue.

With Warm Regards,

TMB

Different Sizes and Shapes of Cheek and Chin Implants?

+2

Over the past 25 years, I have performed many Facial Augmentations using Cheek and Chin Implants.  Although there are hundreds of possible combinations of shapes/sizes of implants, I have found aesthetically that only a handful create the proper aesthetic shape.  When seeking a plastic and cosmetic surgeon to use facial implants, th consumer must select a surgeon that understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (cheek/chin) aesthetics for the creation of a naturally, more attractive face.  

In simple terms this means, the ability to make male faces more angular = ruggedly handsome and female faces more soft/heart-shaped = feminine/beautiful.  Failure to understand these basic aesthetic concepts leads to relative feminization of men and masculinization of a womans face, which is never more attractive of a change.

+2

There are, as you pointed out, many options for cheek implants. Typically, silastic implants are very effective at increasing forward projection, lateral projection or both depending upon the underlying facial shape. It sounds like an implant that increases both would suit your needs but an in-person consultation would be most helpful to provide you with the most accurate advice. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek implants and their different sizes and shapes.

+2

Cheek implants and their different sizes and shapes. Your surgeon should explain to you the various benefits and disadvantages of different types of implants based on your specific needs and your facial shape. Make sure you ask him specific questions about what size and where he would give you maximum projection.

Sizes and shapes of cheek implants

+1

Cheek implants come in a variety of sizes and shapes depending upon what the individual anatomical needs are of the patient. The implants can also be placed more laterally if  the width of the cheeks is being attempted to be augmented.  We prefer Silastic cheek implants and in most cases we used the malar implants and occasional use submalar implants. The Implants are inserted through an intraoral approach, placed directly over the maxilla under brief general anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure.  They can also be combined with other facial  cosmetic procedures. Please see  the link below for examples of what  cheek implants look like