What is an Appropriate Size for my Petite Frame?

I am 26 y/o and having BA w/ Lift on May 9th.I am 4'11" & weigh 90-95 lbs.I am currently a 32B.I carry weight in my breasts and have had a lot of weight fluctuations in the past 10yrs making my breasts very droopy.My main priority is the lift and then some added size.I explained to my surgeon that I want high, perky, "fake" looking breasts, but that I don't want them huge.Given that I have a good amount of breast tissue, he suggested 300cc silicone.Will this be overwhelming for my petite frame?

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Best Breast Implant Size?

+1

I would suggest that you do the following:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This if communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Picking Implants

+1

Any recommendations for implant sizes will require a physical examination.  I help my patients select the correct size with two methods:

1. Dimensional planning and
2. a Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Four steps to picking the right breast implant size.

+1

Hi.  I hope you find this article useful.  300 cc's is quite big for you!

1)  This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2)  It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3)  Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4)  Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy.  The most common mistake is to go too big.

5)  I recommend that  the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6)  The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7)  Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8)  Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating room inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

+1

Not a question that can be answered very well without good quality photos, neck to navel, front and side. But in general as small asyou are I would think 300cc would be the maximum and if you have a decent amount of breast tissue, even smaller implants would look good. Do the lift first to avoid vascular complications and to see if you even need implants after the breast tissue is repositioned. But also you need to make sure your expectations are realistic. It is extremely unlikely you will ever have "high round fake" breasts with your described anatomy, although you can have beautifully shaped natural looking breasts. Make sure you are seeing a very experienced surgeon as the lift process requires that.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Augmentation mastopexy in petite woman

+1

This answer really requires a physical examination, including what your starting breast size is, and your chest circumference. Is your goal to be a B cup/C cup/Dcup? 300cc tends to fall in the average range, but it's best to add all of the factors together to come to a proper answer - requiring a board certified plastic surgeon's interaction with you. You should try on some implant sizers to get a better idea of the final result and to best communicate your goals.

Michele A. Shermak, MD