What Would Be the Right Size for Me?

right now i am a size H cup and i want to get a breast reduction, but i don't know what the right size for me would be.. can you help me? I am 18, 192 lbs. and 5'4".. what would be the right size?

Breast Reduction

+1

It is difficult to give you good advice without examination.  I normally suggest to patients to bring in photos of the "look" they are trying to achieve and then we discuss their options.

If you were planning on losing any weight, best to do it prior to surgery  because if you lose weight after the breast reduction surgery, your breast size will also change.

Best Wishes!

What is the right side for a breast reduction?

+1

A breast reduction should decrease the breast volume so that the heavy weight of the breasts is reduced while still maintaining a feminine, aesthetic appearance.  A specific cup size is difficult to guarantee for this procedure.  A patient who states that she is an "H" cup can be reduced to a "D" cup with a breast reduction procedure but there are other important aesthetics to consider such as a reduction of the lateral fat of the breast and scar minimization.

Elizabeth S. Harris, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction - I'm an H: What Size Should I Go To?

+1

Hi shawnahnahnah,

It's virtually impossible to give advice that specific without being able to see a photo and, preferably, to be able to examine you in person.  However, if you're an H now then I would think that a D or even a DD would be an enormous improvement, would provide a lift, and would still fit your frame.  Going too small is not advisable for a number of reasons.  This includes that it could compromise the blood supply to your nipple/areola and that the shape may be too flat (ie, you would lose some of the conical shape that is generally considered desirable).

You should, of course, see a few plastic surgeons who can examine you in person, and then make a decision based on what they say.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Breast reduction

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to say approximately what size would be best for you. I can tell you that commonly a large breasted woman like yourself probably can be reduced to a "D" to "C" cup.