Did I Actually Get 500CC Breast Implants?

I'm 2 weeks post-op from breast implants my PS said he fill the implants 500 to me and my husband it look like i just got wider not so much bigger they are firm when they soften up will the look bigger..not happy so far

Did I get 500cc implants?

+1

Your medical record will indicate what size implants were inserted.  You should have gotten a card from the surgeon provided by the implant company that has your implant information including brand, model number, and size on it.  If not, you do have access to your records, and you can ask for a copy of the stickers that come with the implants and are put in your chart.  500cc implants are large implants, and you should notice an increase in size unless you have very, very, very large breasts and you are just not seeing as much difference as you were hoping for. We have our patients try on sizers before surgery and choose the size they want added to their own breast volume, but of course we advise them during this process.

Veracity of Implant Size

+1

First of all, you will see a significant change in the appearance of your breasts if you are only 2 weeks post-op.  I do not think that you will encounter many board-certified plastic surgeons who will not be truthful with you regarding the size of your implants or other details.  If you need proof, you can always request a copy of your operative report.

John Whitt, MD

500 cc implants

+1

You should talk to your surgeon about the overall volume of the implants and the type of implants placed.

Breast Augmentation Size and Disclosure

+1

It is your surgeon's responsibility to provide you with the information regarding the implants used, size, and important details regarding your surgery, and there should be no doubt as to what size implants were used. I'm sure your surgeon would be more than happy to provide you with that information.

If your displeasure is based upon your appearance, then your surgeon will be able to discuss with you your current size and whether or not adjustments need to be made.

Derek Lou, MD

Breast Implants - How Do I Know if I Really Got 500 cc Implants?

+1

Hi Asked 1 day ago by destiney in Pensacola, FL,

You should, of course, discuss this with your plastic surgeon.  Hopefully, you had a full and complete (at least as full and complete as possible) discussion with your plastic surgeon ahead of time.

The first thing is to ask exactly what size you got.  Implant size is a decision made, ideally, jointly by the plastic surgeon and the patient, after discussing what the patient looks like and what she would like to look like.  There are no 100% guarantees, but usually enough of an improvement can be made so that the patient is very happy.

The final result of the surgery depends on what you look like before, the surgery that is performed and on how you heal.  Two weeks post-op is early to make assumptions about your final appearance - but the fact is that you should talk to your PS about what you got, and, if necessary, why you got something that is different from what you thought you were getting.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Breast implant size is not what you expected?

+1

Ideally you had a thorough discussion and sizing with your plastic surgeon prior to the surgery.  You should have seen a 500 cc implant and tried it out to know what to expect.  500cc is not small, you should definitely notice it when put it in.  Depending on your height and weight, 500cc may or may not make a signifiacant difference.  Assuming you are an average sized person, you should see the 500cc added volume.

If in doubt, talk to your plastic surgeon or get a second opinion if you are very unhappy with the answers you get.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Please send your pictures

+1

i would trust your plastic surgeon to place the implant size that he or she told you. You may be disappointed with the result because of misunderstanding about the size.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Keep your breast implant card to know what you are wearing

+1

After breast augmentation all should receive an implant identification card from their surgeon this way you can confirm the implant placed during your procedure. Years later when you can no longer remember the implant manufacture or size the information card is good to have in file you can refer to.

peterejohnsonmd