What Size Should I Go to?

I am a size 32 A and 5 feet tall. I am 125 lb .im wanting to go to 400cc maybe 450cc What is the biggest size implants I can get without looking out of proportion ...

5' 125 lbs - 400 cc Implants?

+2

400 cc may be appropriate, but, without pictures or chest wall width, it is difficult to make a determination.  In a smaller woman like yourself, a cup size may only require 200 cc.  Therefore, 400 cc would increase you two full sizes.

What Size Should I Go to?

+2

Without photos or measurements, and an idea of your interpretation of "out of proportion" this is hard to answer. 

One key measurement that you surgeon should take is the width of the breast. We try to use that a  limit to the size of the implant that is reasonable to use. An implant wider than you natural breast tissue is likely to result in a bizarre appearance, independent of anyone's idea of proportions. At five feet tall, it is quite possible that you may have to choose between your ideal size, and a smaller size that will have a better overall appearance. 

Your questions can be best answered in the setting of a consultation.When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Size recommendations

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Size

+1

The ideal size needs to proportionate to your height and also fit your chest wall. The shape of the implant is also important. The volume is not as important as the correct sizing

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implants For Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Breast implant sizes

+1

Breast augmentation surgery is more of an art than a science.  It is not like putting bumpers on Chevrolets.  Each patient must be evaluated individually.  This is something that you will need to do in consultation with your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to evaluate which implant will work best for you based on your needs and interests.  He/she can evaluate how much breast tissue you have, the shape of your breasts, and which style and type of implant to use in order to give you the best result.  While 400 cc's may sound good, it is a fairly large implant to put into someone who is only 5 feet tall with a very narrow chest.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Proportional breast implants for your frame

+1

As has been said, an in- person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will give you the best guidance.  At your height/weight, you are probably heading well into the C cup range with 400 cc implants and that may be somewhat disproportionately large.  You may need higher profile implants compared to the standard implants so that the implant width is not too wide for you breast width.  All of this can be determined at your consultation.  Best of luck to you.

James E. Chappell, MD