I Am a Size 8 Weighing 53kg, Height 162cm. I'm a Cup Size 34a, Will Do a Breast Aurmentation in November. Size Recommendation?

my surgeon has suggested a size 330 or 360.. tear drop natrelleplus implants to be inserted underneath the muscle. can you pls advise if i should go for round or tear drop ? i like my breast shape as its like a teardrop already. pls also advise re Naterelle plus implants as he said they cost more but are the best i could us. thank you :) x

Implant Size Selection

+2

Your question is likely the most common question with respect to breast augmentation.

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.
This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Hope this is helps.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Best Breast Implants For Me?

+2

With all due respect, I think you will be much better off communicating your goals further with your plastic surgeon as opposed to online consultants. You will find that you will be bombarded with information online;  this information will be probably conflicting and/or confusing.

Communication with your plastic surgeon will be key to achieving the results you are looking for. Unfortunately, the use of words such as “natural” means different things to different people.  

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
In my practice I use goal pictures to communicate with patients.  With this technique patients are able to demonstrate what they are trying to achieve and what type of looks they do not like as well. 
I also use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

In my practice, I prefer the use of round  implants for most patients  undergoing routine breast augmentation surgery; I have concerns about the use of “teardrop” shaped breast implants and the potential for rotation  of the implants ( and resulting change of shape of the breasts).

Size recommendations

+2

Recommending implant sizes for you depends on multiple factors.  Selecting an implant size is dependent on patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height) as well as patients' wishes.  It is hard to give you a recommendation without examining you. You should try some sizers and talk with your plastic surgeon.  Please remember that implant cc volume does not correlate with cup sizes. Also, try to look at pre and postop photos that reflect your body size and desired look.  Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Kim

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS