Not Sure About Size I Want - Currently Have 700cc Saline - Want Slightly Smaller Silicones?

Hi, I have 625's filled to 700 saline mod's & CC in my right breast -had them for 8 yrs (got CC 1 yr after surgery). I wear 34DD bra 5'10 150 and carry them very well. PS said exchange both since they are getting old. I told him I wanted smaller and a lift. He said I shouldn't get a lift and that if I got a high profile Allergan silicone it would help lift my nipples. The projection is more and that scares me since I don't want bigger. He said 770 silicone. Any other thoughts would help.

Avoid large implants by combined lift

+1

Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs but want smaller breasts and a lift.  I recommend Implant Exchange with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  This is a new technique that uses only a circumareola incision to exchange your implants with smaller silicone gel, placed retro-pectoral and lift your breasts at the same time.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall will minimize the size of implant required to give you the projection you desire.  This technique has long term stability and has less complications.  Certainly, you do not want 700 cc silicone implants.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

+1

You can certainly downsize your implants.  A lift can be performed if necessary.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentation revisions and breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Downsizing Your Breast Implants

+1

What operation/breast implant that would work best for you will depend on factors such as breast position on your chest wall currently, quality of breast skin elasticity overlying the breast implants, and your specific goals. Obviously, evaluating these factors are not possible online;  therefore, best to spend additional time with your plastic surgeon communicating your goals, concerns, and questions. If still in doubt, seek additional consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience with revisionary breast surgery.

Again, careful communication of your goals ( in my practice with the help of goal pictures)  will be key.

What to do with breast implant exchange.

+1

Hello and thanks for posting your concerns. Based on your statements, it might be better to go with smaller implants. If you find that your current surgeon's plan does not make sense then seek a second opinion with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD

+1

If you feel your breasts are too large, something is not right by suggesting larger implants. Without photos it is hard to comment about whether a lift is a good idea. But in general, don't count on a lift to lift your nipples and areolas. Maybe another office visit, or a second opinion is in order.

Thanks for your question. All the best. 

Breast implant downsize and mastopexy

+1

I have to agree with your logic. If you want smaller breasts, it doesn't make sense to go with a larger implant. Larger implants do not help sagging in the long run, they cause more tissue stretch, more thinning, and aggravate sagging over time. If you want smaller breasts, then you need a smaller implant. If the skin and breast tissue is loose or low as a result of the downsize, then a breast lift or mastopexy with tighten up the breast envelope and raise the nipple. I would advise some more consultations. 

Hayley Brown, MD

Implant selection

+1

WIthout examining you , it is difficult to say what is best for you. I will say that implants of 700+ are extremely large.