Size Help! Debating Between 175cc and 200cc

Hi there! I am getting a breast augmentation done on Friday and am agonizing over my size. I am 5'2, curvy and am about 105 lbs. My chest diameter is 24". I am debating between 175cc and 200cc. My fear is that all of the pictures I see that I LOVE with 200cc's, the women have larger chests than me. I am barely an A cup and one of my biggest fears is that after going through all this pain (and spending all this money) that i still feel too small! I know this seems trivial, but im desperate!

175 cc vs. 200 cc

+2

This is thinking volume rather than dimensions and effects. Proper implant sizing is by matching the width of the implant to the width of the breast and then choosing a forward profile for the implant depending on how much increase is desired between one and two cup sizes and then finding out what volume that is rather than the other way around. 

25 cc's difference out of about 200 cc's is over 10 % and enough to make a slightly noticeable difference but that isn't the issue. 

A saline implant can be filled from its base volume to as much as 10 % more and it is still filled properly but gel implants are pre-filled and the volume can't be adjusted. 

There is much less "I wish I had gone larger" if the patient knows the implant will fit and look right and what effect it will have above what she is starting from. Unfortunately this is not exact and external sizing with stuffing bras is not helpful. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection

+1

Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection to replace an in office exam and good communication with a board certified plastic surgeon.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Bigger Breast Implant

+1

It is not uncommon for patients to have their breast implants replaced because they did not go big enough the first time. I believe you will be happy with either size, but doubt you will regret going 25cc bigger. You should try them on with a sports bra and a plain white tight t-shirt. This will help..

Arthur Cambeiro, MD

Breast augmentation

+1

This is a question that is best answered during a physical exam.  A 200 cc implant is one of the smallest available, and you may be right, it may leave you wanting to go larger. 

You will be small!

+1

If you go with either of the implant sizes suggested you will be very small.  I do not know what you desire but most women desire a go bit of fullness.  Oversimplified, this usually starts the discussion with implant sizes around the 300 cc mark.

Good Luck

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Your picture does not help

+1

The answers to your question are more based on your comments than the evaluation of your picture. I would recommend 200 c.c since there is not much difference between 175 and 200 cc. Majority of patients wish they have gone bigger. The other concern about small implants are the lack of width and cleavage.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Between 175cc and 200cc

+1

Foolish choices since there are both within statistical variation. If you were debating between 175 cc and 275 cc than from your photo I would recommend the bigger size. The #1 compliant is "I wish I would have gone bigger"!

Debating Implant Sizes

+1

There is very little difference between 175 and 200cc implants.  Rather than looking at photos of other women's implant sizes, you should try on the implants to see the size with which you are comfortable.  I agree, having made this point, that if you are between the sizes you mention, go with the larger implants.

John Whitt, MD

Size is specific

+1

You are doing the right thing in paying attention to other women’s results, especially if you are using a doctor because he was your friend’s surgeon. That being said, those women are not you. Your body and breasts are not like anyone else’s. Talk to your surgeon about the best size for you. Your doctor and his staff can help you with your decision since they are the only ones who know your specific situation. 25 ccs is a small amount, but what is more important is that you get the desired appearance afterwards.

Joseph G. Bauer, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

200cc

+1

Regarding: "am getting a breast augmentation done on Friday and am agonizing over my size. I am 5'2, curvy and am about 105 lbs. My chest diameter is 24". I am debating between 175cc and 200cc. My fear is that all of the pictures I see that I LOVE with 200cc's, the women have larger chests than me. I am barely an A cup and one of my biggest fears is that after going through all this pain (and spending all this money) that i still feel too small! I know this seems trivial, but im desperate! "

I completely agree with Dr. Placik. If the 175cc breast implant fits your chest and is covered by your present breast tissue there is no reason not to go with the 200 cc implants if in doubt. The volumetric difference is minimal but if it makes a difference to you - Do it.

Dr. Aldea