What Size Silicone Implants Would Be the Best for Me?

I am 5"9 and 138 pounds. I am wanting a breast augmentation. I was definitely under blessed because I am barely an A cup right now. I am wanting to be a C cup. I definitely do not want to be in the D cup range. What size silicone implants would be the best for me?

How to determine an implant size?

+1

Its common to not really know but when you make a statement about not wanting to be a 'D' cup, you should go out a buy a bra cup size that you do not wish to exceed and proceed to create a sizer using rice and a knee high nylon stocking.  Find out how much rice is needed to fill you cups and then you can confirm this with external gel sizers most doctors have in their offices.  If you doctor doesn't want to work with you on this, find another doctor who will and who understands your desires.  However, don't be surprised if you like a D cup... most of my patients all lament that they wish they went larger.

What size implant?

+1

You need a live consultation so that your plastic surgeon can take some measurements and determine what size implant would be appropriate for your body.  From there, you may chose to go smaller or larger, within reason.

Web reference: http://www.dassmd.com/breast-augmentation/high-profile-breast-implants-los-angeles-beverly-hills.html

Choosing your implants

+1

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. Once a surgeon has this information he could better educate you on what type of implants would work best for you.
Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com/photogallery/breast-augmentation-7001

A to C Cup and Size of Implant Needed

+1

An average volume to increase one cup size is 200 cc or so.  This varies quite a bit based upon the size of the patient and particularly the size of the chest wall.  In addition, breasts often are not a full cup size, but partial cup sizes.  Thus, the volume needed is best determined by sizers prior to surgery.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-photo-galleries.php

IMPLANT SIZE

+1

This is a common question on RealSafe.  In order to obtain a specific recommendation more information is needed.  Please resubmit your question with photos (front and lateral views)  and measurements in particular your breast width.

Web reference: http://www.toddbkochmd.com

Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

+1

It is not easy without the patient, but no more than 300 cc- 350 cc, sub or under the muscle respectively.

Spanish translation provided by doctor:

No es facil sin ver al paciente, no mas de 300 cc- 350cc, arriba o debajo del musculo respectivamente.

Argentina Plastic Surgeon

+1

Perfectly appropriate question, but one that really cannot be answered with the info available.

There are no fixed definitions of cup size, and I have numerous patients with bras of three different cup sizes all of which fit. Furthermore, a C cup on a 36 band is larger that a C cup on a 34, smaller than a C cup on a 38.

Best is to try on implants at your consultation. see what looks good to you. Your surgeon will use that info along with breast measurements to recommend the right implant for you.

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
 The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm