What Size Silicone Would I Need to Equal Appearance of 350 Saline?

If I am a conservative, yet full C34 cup and I have saline 350 & 400 under the muscle--What size silicone HP under the muscle implant would I need to get the same size look? I know the transition from saline to silicone loses size appearance. Should I maybe go smaller in the silicone HP, because they are so wide/low hanging and that will make them appear larger than a saline?

Gel vs. saline implants

+2

This is a common question but in general a gel implant will look about 50 ccs smaller than a comparable saline filled implant.  

Avoid large implants

+1

Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs.  However, there is a new technique called Implant Exchange with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to exchange the implants, reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall gives maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural and are less likely to ripple.  In the retro-pectoral position, the profile of the implant is irrelevant since the muscle compresses it.  This technique will give you the desired look and without large implants.    

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Silicone gel implants and saline implants of the same volume look the same.

+1

Volume is volume another silicone gel or saline can be compressed. They will look the same if the projection and volume are the same.

+1

Great question. The best thing to do is get the exact info on your current implants, ie manufacturer, codes, implant size and fill volume (they are usually different). With that info your surgeon can come up with the base width and projection of the current implants. It should then be no problem for him to find a silicone implant with similar dimensions.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

What Size Silicone Would I Need to Equal Appearance of 350 Saline (Revisionary Breast Surgery)??

+1

Thank you for the question. You will find that there is no direct “conversion” between saline versus silicone gel breast implants. My best advice would be to communicate your goals clearly with your (carefully chosen) plastic surgeon. Ultimately, based on  this communication, your measurements (dimensional planning),  possibly the use of intraoperative sizers and use of judgment ( based on experience),  your plastic surgeon will be able to select the size/profile of silicone gel breast implant that will most closely achieve your goals. 

+1

Photos are really needed to appreciate your description of wide and low hanging breasts. You may be in need of a lift rather than simple replacement of implants. Please consider reposting your question accompanied by current pictures.