What Size/Shape Implants Would Be Needed to Fill These Up? (photo)

Hi I am 26 years old 5'3, 110lbs with 30F uk bra size. I have always had large breasts with what I am assuming is grade 2/3 ptosis? I am wondering whether large over the muscle implants would restore breast tissue volume after breastfeeding firmness is gone. I have seen some ladies restore volume without a lift and the look was natural, not ideal shape but real and rejuvenated. I can accept even a minimal improvement in sagging as I have never been perky. Thanks

Implant

+1
I would not offer an implant alone the size needed to fill out your tissues will cause irreversible changes to your chest

Large Subglandular Implants Instead of Lift

+1

Large Subglandular Implants may be appropriate depending upon expectations after surgery.  Realize that performing a breast augmentation by any method may require a lift later, based upon your anatomy.

Alignment and shape of breast tissue

+1

More important than an implant is lift.  Most women do not like lifts because the leave ugly vertical scars or boat anchor shaped incisions.  However, there is a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Utimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to place the implant, raise your breast tissue higher on the chest wall, move the breast more medial to increase cleavage and reshape your breast to increase upper pole fullness.  It is important to align your areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of your chest wall to give you the maximum projection with the smallest implant.  This is what I recommend for you.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Size/Shape Implants Would Be Needed

+1

To choose the right volume for you, your best option is to try on implants and with your surgeon use that info as a guide to choosing the size and contour. 

If you get implants and no lift, it is highly likely that you will have an unsatisfying result, followed by a lift. It is not easy to tell from photos alone, but there seems to be a considerable amount of breast tissue, and it may be that a lift alone will achieve your goal--particularly if the size in your bra seems satisfactory. There is a lot of skin excess, and removing that excess and reshaping the breast may give you the result you are looking for. 

The answers to your questions will be best given after an in person consultation. Thanks and best wishes.

Breat lift ?

+1

with a bigger implant, as 500 c or even more, you will accentuate the gravity and ptotic breast you already have. so, much better combining a breat lift with a change of implants. eventually placed under the muscle . in order to better  sustain the breast over time. bigger implants will increase the saggling skin, so really not a great idea,i am afraid for your surgery. sometimes patient idea is not feasible.

Alberto Di Giuseppe, MBBS
London Plastic Surgeon

Implants without lift for ptotic breasts

+1

Thanks for your great question and excellent pictures.  You also very candidly expressed your desires and concerns.  I could not be convinced to do your surgery without a lift.  Though a subglandular implant could improve your look in a bra and clothes in terms of fullness and size, I think you would look worse naked. Please choose wisely, I see AT LEAST one patient a week in my practice who chose larger implants or subglandular position to "avoid" a lift performed by other surgeons who now desires revision.  Good luck.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Breast and implants

+1

Implants will add volume but will not lift the breasts. A formal breast lift procedure probably using a vertical incision only could work for you. It would be best to go for an exam. Good luck.

Breast options

+1

Its difficult to make any formal recommendations without an exam, but I would likely recommend a breast augmentation and lift based on your photos.  It appears you have some sagging and loose skin that needs to be addressed.  If you are looking to increase your volume, an implant augmentation will help.  Please visit with a board certified PS in your area to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Size of Implants

+1

to achieve the best the breast shape possible you will need a breast lift and implants.  It is very difficult to tell you what size implants with a physical exam.  Visit with a BC PS to get recommendations on size of implants.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Need a lift

+1

You will need a lift with implants.  If you do not do this initially , you will certainly need it after the implants.

David Nicholas Csikai, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon