What Size? Saline to Silicone?

Hi I had a benelli lift and augmentation back on 2008. I had a baby and now I gave my breast saggy again. Doing a lift in two weeks. Changing from saline to gel silicone this time. I want to go back to how I was before with my 375 saline but just a bit bigger. If I want to go just a little bigger but not necessary a full size how big does my implant shod be now that I am changing to silicone.

Saline to silicone

+1

Saline implants are shaped a bit differently than silicone in terms of profile. So what I usually do is see what the projection of the original implant and diameter is and match it up to the silicone and if the patient wants more volume, I usually go from there providind that the origianl implant was sized appropriately. 

Exchanging from Saline to Silicone Gel Implants and Sizing Concerns?

+1

Although I cannot provide you with precise advice without direct examination or viewing pictures, some general advice may be helpful. Often,  in my experience, when exchanging saline to silicone breast implants a larger silicone gel breast implant is necessary to achieve the same size/ look.

I would suggest that you communicate your goals clearly with your plastic surgeon. If you have any concerns about the position of your current breast implants and/or tissue raise them with your plastic surgeon as well. I have found that the  communication process  is improved with the help of goal pictures. In other words, show your plastic surgeon what you would like your breasts to look like;  allow him to advise you what size/profile of silicone gel breast implant will most likely do the job.  Keep in mind also that you may have lost some native breast tissue volume after the pregnancy.

Size change

+1

Mimi-

This discussion will be best with your surgeon in person where an exam can take place. 

As far as size change, most surgeons feel that about 200 to 225 cc makes about a cup size change, so you might want to think about half of that, therefore 475 to 500 cc. . However, consider also that you may have lost volume with the pregnancy in addition to the  sagging that has occurred. Consider when you  decide: do you want to be bigger than  you were immediately after surgery or just bigger than you are now. Discuss all with your surgeon.

Thanks and best wishes.