How Will I Know What Size is Right for Me?

I am quite skinny ranging at about 124 pounds and I am 5'6. Well I am not happy with my breasts at all I am a C34 and people always tell me my breasts are big and normal looking but I don't see it. I've always seen my breasts as small, saggy and gross because of stretch marks. I can't seem to get a grasp on how big DCups are because I don't hand around with other people very often. I want to be a Dcup but I don't know what level. Will most surgeons help a client to determine how big is big enough?

+2

You have expressed the concerns that pretty much all women thinking about breast augmentation worry about. 

Breast implants will enlarge the breasts, but will not lift them if they sag--a breast lift would be needed to accomplish that. Stretch marks can be improved only if they can be excised, and that is unusual for the breast. 

In terms of choosing a size, a plastic surgeon can help sort out the options. My preference is to have patients try on implants with an elastic sports bra to get a rough idea about how a particular size will look on her own body. Your surgeon will be able to help to determine that size that fits your individual goal.  

RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank your for your question, best wishes.

Picking the right size

+2

Thank you for your question. Picking the proper implant and breast size is a source of great anxiety and confusion among women undergoing a breast augmentation. While we often talk about cup sizes, it is inaccurate at best as all of the bra manufacturers vary tremendously.

There are a variety of ways to help you select an implant size. One would be some of the computer simulation programs, of which there are many. While this is sometimes helpful, I find that more often than not, it can be misleading. Another option is the use of a sizing system. This uses specially designed implants to try on that simulate what the actual implants will look like. Mentor has a nice version of this. The last, and perhaps best method, is to discuss your desires with your surgeon of choice and together pick an implants size that takes into account the 3 dimensional nature of a breast and implant.

Regardless of which method you chose, it is possible to select an implant that will help you reach your desired look. During your consultation, you can discuss the options with your plastic surgeon and decide how best to proceed.

Good luck with your choice.

Sincerely,

Jeff Rockmore

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Picking the best size for you

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Minimize implant size by simultaneous breast lift

+1

If you are a 34 C and want to be a D that will require a 100 cc implant, which is quite small.  You describe saggy breasts.  More important than the implant would be a breast lift.  There are a variety of lift techniques that can be done with an implant.  I never use the lolliopo or boat anchor shaped incisions because the scars are unsightly and can widen in time.  The superior technique is Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision, it is possible to excise some of your stretch marks, reshape your breast tissue to create more projection, elevate it higher on the chest wall and increase cleavage.  The advantage of this is that the areola, the breast tissue and implant can all be aligned horizontally and elevated high on the chest wall to maximize your anterior projection.  This can be done with a minimal size implant.  I recommend silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they feel and look the most natural.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/gallery.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

The right size

+1

The correct sizing of implants for you depends on your height, weight, chest size and anatomy and breast width. you need to be measured for the correct fit.

Choosing the right implant

+1

Picking the right implant for you is done during consultation and evaluating your anatomy and reviewing your goals.  You can do a baggy test to determine what volume you may want.