What Size Do You Recommend for Me? (photo)

I'm 26, 45kgs and 161cms tall. I act and model so having big beautiful boobs is important to me. My hubby and I both agree on silicone and the high profile, under the muscle. My plastic surgeon (who did my initial job at 280cc in 2007) is suggesting an increase to 360/390 or maybe 420cc, medium profile. This seems ridiculous to me as the difference is so little and I am wanting to be a D if not a double D. I was thinking 450cc as a minimum 500cc as a maximum, because of my frame. Please advise?

Implant size choice

+2

Hello there.  There are several variables in determining implant size.  When recommending implant size for my patients, I consider the followings: 1) patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height, amount of breast tissue) and 2) patients' desired look/goal.  Without knowing your chest measurement and breast tissue amount, I cannot give you any recommendation.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you.  Try implant sizers to get a rough estimate of the size you may want.  As you know, bra/cup size will vary depending on the brand.  Good luck with you.

Web reference: http://www.drkimplasticsurgery.com

How to achieve AD cup with breast implants

+1

Thank you for your question. It is always wise to consider the advice of the plastic surgeon you have chosen. Most good plastic surgeons have very good well thought out reasons to recommend a particular sized for you. Typically these recommendations are based on biometric measurements of your breast and chest and how an implant will fit properly into your body. Using a Breast Implant Sizing System may also be of help. The systems allow the placement of various sized implants into your bra so you can see how you will look. You can also use the Rice test method described in the link below to place various sizes of volume into your bra so that you can get a better idea of how much increase is required to achieve the shape you want

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/boston-breast-implants/boston-breast-augmentation-how-to-choose-size-of-breast-implant/

Size

+1

It is tough to give a valid opinion without actually seeing the breast. What is important is your motivation for changing the implants and your expectations. I do not like the high or ultra high profile look for most patients for primary augmentation. They do not look natural at all.

500 cc HP from 280cc for Breast Implants

+1

Depending upon the individual, the 140 cc increase may produce almost one cup size increase.  500 cc HP may be appropriate.  Express your concerns to your plastic surgeon.

What Size Do You Recommend for Me?

+1

The photos are not of an exposed frontal breast! So MY GUESS is 450 cc HP. But best to seek more in person consults. 

Implant exchange and sizing Thank you for the question and posting pictures.

+1

Dear Jade, 

Thank you for your question and posting pictures. It seems for the increase in volume that you need, at least 2 to 300 mL volume addition is warranted. Of course this needs to be determined in person and reviewed by trying out sizers. I would recommend with going with silicone implants that are ultrahigh/full profile as they will have the narrowest base width.  This will minimize the risks of having the implants sit too wide laterally or be to close To each other.  Breast of luck :).

Web reference: http://www.aristocratps.com/breast-procedures/breast-augmentation/

Implant size.

+1

It is always best to be seen in person for a thorough exam and proper analysis and discussin of your goals. In general a bump in cup size usually takes between 150-200 cc minimum change.  Good luck.

Implant size selection to acheive your goals

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

How to select breast implant size? Ask Dr Ellen

+1

Hello JadeEarpJones,

As a woman and a board certified plastic surgeon, I like to have the ladies who visit with me try on sizers to get an idea of what the implant they are considering, will look like on their body.  Afterall, you will be the one living with it, right?  So, become a part of the decision making process and find out for yourself what 360cc all the way to 500cc does for your figure. Add a gel or saline sizer, (100cc ranging to 250cc) to a sport bra, on top of what you already have- 280cc.

For clarification:  your are 26 years old, about 5'3" tall and about 100 lbs??

aka petite

A couple of TIPS to keep in mind:

1.  presently you appear youthful, shapely, well endowed and it appears that the majority of your breast volume is implant

2.  there is a tipping point at which time large implants on petite frames shift the  "look" from sensual/sexy to matronly and boxy; the implants start to look like large round devices, stuck onto the chest, held in place only by thin tissue- even when placed under the muscle

3.  and then we age...they drop...and no matter what size you started with...it sits south of the breast crease...and if it was large to begin with...it will look gigantic later

~TAKE YOUR TIME AND CHOOSE WISELY~

(THE ENEMY OF GOOD IS PERFECT)

Thanks for asking!  Dr Ellen

Westport Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “D, DD” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastImplantXL.htm

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.