Size Question Regarding Breast Implants for petite 5'4 114 lbs

I am a petite 5'4 114 lbs. I am currently an A and am going with silicione high profile implants. I want to be a small D or D and have been told variations as to how many ccs would work. One stated 400, another 460, how can I decide which will give me the end result that I am looking for?

400 cc TOO BIG?

+1
Without an exam it is difficult to answer your question but I recommend using your breast base width to find an implant that is proportionate to your body.  Be careful not to use implants that are too large as that can increase your risk of complications later.  In regards to the final cup size, there is no real way to guarantee a cup size as bra cup sizes are not standardized.  Also, what is a D cup to me may not be a D cup to you.  To help minimize any miscommunication during my consultations I have my patients try on implant sizes so that the patient and I can visualize her desired outcome.  Be sure to research for board certified plastic surgeons in your area.

Be well and good luck!

@norrisplastic

Size Issues about Breast Implants

+1
There is no absolute and accurate rule of thumb when it comes to choosing breast augmentation sizes. Bringing in a photo to your plastic surgeon demonstrating the proportional size and look you are after is very helpful. It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size and shape to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be tough to answer your question. For example your native base width of your breast will determine in many cases the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Additional critical decisions will also be made by your plastic surgeon such as: whether your implants will be above or below your pectoralis muscle. These choices are recommended to you based on the look you desire, the amount of sagging you may have, and other deciding factors. I always find it helpful for patients to bring in photos from my or other plastic surgeons’ websites to illustrate what they would like to look like. I bring these photos to the operating room for reference during surgery so that I have the advantage of “seeing through my patient’s eyes” to achieve their wishes.
I personally order more than one set of implant sizes and use sterile sizers placed in the pocket during surgery to know in advance exactly which implant would work best for you. Software morphing programs can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn't work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts).
My advice is to accept advice from your board certified plastic surgeon after a formal consultation and examination with measurements.. If still confused don't hesitate to get a second opinion.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Toronto BBA

+1

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Breast implant sizing

+1

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Breast Implant Size

+1

Without photos or an examination, it is hard to say what would be right for you. Everyone's body anatomy is different and a 125 cc implant in you will look very different in someone else. For this reason, it's best to consult with several surgeons and make a decision that both you and your surgeon are comfortable with.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Breast size after augmentation

+1

Don't get caught up in the # of cc's. You are talking a 60cc difference here which is 12 teaspoons. In the whole picture of your appearance after breast augmentation, it probably doesn't make much difference. Keep in mind, that you are petite, larger implants in your tiny frame will have more complications. Expect surrounding tissue thinning from the pressure of the implant, risks for sagging over time,  and rippling (despite the High Profile silicone prosthesis) related to thin overlying coverage. I would stick with the 400 cc implant. This should get you to a D, although no cup size can be guaranteed. It's also hard to say without a photo--so I would also go with what your surgeon recommends. 

Hayley Brown, MD

Size Question Regarding Breast Implants

+1

Try an expander implant that is 50/50 silicone and saline so you can adjust the size after the operation. Otherwise I would guess a 450 cc +/- silicone could work. But you failed to post a photo. So it is just a guess. 

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

You cannot absolutely relate changes in cup size to implant volumes.  A 34C cup size is the same volume as a 36B.  Cup sizes also vary widely among manufacturers.  Rather than fixating on cup size, you should try on implants to see which is the one for which you are looking.

John Whitt, MD

Breast implant size

+1

First if your hcest wall can not support the implants width, they may not be the right one for you. Try them on and see what you like.

Breast Implant Sizes

+1

The choice of implant needs to be individualized for each patient.  There is no generic correlation between implant size and resultant cup size for patients since every patient is different in terms of anatomy, chest diameter, etc.  All of these issues can be determined during your consultation.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD