Size Question Regarding Breast Implants for petite 5'4 114 lbs

I am a petite 5'4 114 lbs. I am currently an A and am going with silicione high profile implants. I want to be a small D or D and have been told variations as to how many ccs would work. One stated 400, another 460, how can I decide which will give me the end result that I am looking for?

Dimensional Breast Augmentation To Help With Right Implant Size/Shape

+1
This would be difficult to answer without a physical examination and discussion of your goals. One way that I have found helps patients in choosing the most suitable implant size/shape is a technique called Dimensional Breast Augmentation. This involves customizing treatment to best suit your unique body and goals. Your original body contours (including height, weight, breast width, breast height and the distance that exists between the nipple and breast fold) alongside your desired cup size are assessed.

The end result of Dimensional Breast Augmentation is proportional body enhancement that meets your needs without resulting in an unnatural appearance. Patients often report less pre-surgery hesitation as well, since the technique helps with selecting the right implant size and style to achieve the most natural and pleasing result. Ask your surgeon if they would do this for you.

Size question regarding breast implants for petite 5'4" 114lbs?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. Also, preoperative sizing is also helpful both for you and your surgeon. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

400 cc TOO BIG?

+1
Without an exam it is difficult to answer your question but I recommend using your breast base width to find an implant that is proportionate to your body.  Be careful not to use implants that are too large as that can increase your risk of complications later.  In regards to the final cup size, there is no real way to guarantee a cup size as bra cup sizes are not standardized.  Also, what is a D cup to me may not be a D cup to you.  To help minimize any miscommunication during my consultations I have my patients try on implant sizes so that the patient and I can visualize her desired outcome.  Be sure to research for board certified plastic surgeons in your area.

Be well and good luck!

@norrisplastic

Morgan E. Norris, MD, FACS

Size Issues about Breast Implants

+1
There is no absolute and accurate rule of thumb when it comes to choosing breast augmentation sizes. Bringing in a photo to your plastic surgeon demonstrating the proportional size and look you are after is very helpful. It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size and shape to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be tough to answer your question. For example your native base width of your breast will determine in many cases the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Additional critical decisions will also be made by your plastic surgeon such as: whether your implants will be above or below your pectoralis muscle. These choices are recommended to you based on the look you desire, the amount of sagging you may have, and other deciding factors. I always find it helpful for patients to bring in photos from my or other plastic surgeons’ websites to illustrate what they would like to look like. I bring these photos to the operating room for reference during surgery so that I have the advantage of “seeing through my patient’s eyes” to achieve their wishes.
I personally order more than one set of implant sizes and use sterile sizers placed in the pocket during surgery to know in advance exactly which implant would work best for you. Software morphing programs can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn't work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts).
My advice is to accept advice from your board certified plastic surgeon after a formal consultation and examination with measurements.. If still confused don't hesitate to get a second opinion.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Toronto BBA

+1

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Breast implant sizing

+1

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Breast Implant Size

+1

Without photos or an examination, it is hard to say what would be right for you. Everyone's body anatomy is different and a 125 cc implant in you will look very different in someone else. For this reason, it's best to consult with several surgeons and make a decision that both you and your surgeon are comfortable with.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Breast size after augmentation

+1

Don't get caught up in the # of cc's. You are talking a 60cc difference here which is 12 teaspoons. In the whole picture of your appearance after breast augmentation, it probably doesn't make much difference. Keep in mind, that you are petite, larger implants in your tiny frame will have more complications. Expect surrounding tissue thinning from the pressure of the implant, risks for sagging over time,  and rippling (despite the High Profile silicone prosthesis) related to thin overlying coverage. I would stick with the 400 cc implant. This should get you to a D, although no cup size can be guaranteed. It's also hard to say without a photo--so I would also go with what your surgeon recommends. 

Hayley Brown, MD

Size Question Regarding Breast Implants

+1

Try an expander implant that is 50/50 silicone and saline so you can adjust the size after the operation. Otherwise I would guess a 450 cc +/- silicone could work. But you failed to post a photo. So it is just a guess. 

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

You cannot absolutely relate changes in cup size to implant volumes.  A 34C cup size is the same volume as a 36B.  Cup sizes also vary widely among manufacturers.  Rather than fixating on cup size, you should try on implants to see which is the one for which you are looking.

John Whitt, MD