I Want Natural-Looking Implants, What's Best If I'm a 38C Now? How Much Pain Will I Experience Multiple Procedures?

I am 5'7 185 pounds what size implants should I get if I am already a 38 C cup...? My goal is Natural,Soft & Light weight...Silcone or Saline? I am also getting a lift, implants, lipo and Tummy Tuck all on the same day? How much pain will I be feeling and what is your recommendation?

Natural looking implant size selection depends on what size you want to be after.

+2

Thank you for your questions. It's difficult to be too specific without photographs or having the advantage of examining you.  Volume for volume, silicone implants are lighter and softer than saline. Your discomfort will vary according to how well you normally tolerate pain and how much work needs to be done. For sizing, see a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

Breast implant size

+2

The size of the implant depends on what cup size you want to ultimately be.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will help you decide an appropriate size range of implants, as well as what to expect in terms of pain after your procedures.

Arnold S. Breitbart, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Options

+2

Based on your questions, it sounds like you need to have a good discussion with a Board Certified plastic surgeon. To give a reasonable answer to your questions requires a good consultation and examination. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover

+2

To choose your breast implant size, clear communication with your plastic surgeon is important in achieving the desired goals of the patient.  I like to communicate with patients with “goal” pictures.  During surgery, I use temporary sizers to determine the size/profile that will give the patient the look she is looking for. Trying to predict the size of the implant preoperatively is not ideal.  I think it is too much responsibility for the patient to choose the size of the implant.  Ideally, the surgeon would make that determination once he/she is in the operating room with sizers in and examining the patient in the upright and supine position.  There are many variables that come into play when choosing the correct implant size (how much breast tissue the patient currently has, the shape of the chest wall (concave vs. convex), etc.. 

As for the "discomfort" you are asking about, yes, you will experience discomfort after surgery, mostly due to the tummy tuck surgery.  Your surgeon will give you narcotics and possibly a pain pump for after surgery and that will help with the pain control.

Best Wishes! 

It is Impossible to Recommend Implant Sizes over the Internet

+1

Hi there-

It is very important for you (and all other patients who ask this question) to understand that a VERY important variable in determining how ANY implant is going to look in ANY individual patient is impossible to understand without an examination (and even then an educated guess is the best that can be given)- that variable is the qualities of your skin, breast tissue, and your muscle (if the implants are going to go under the muscle).

Because this variable plays such a large role in the outcome, and because it is impossible to understand this variable without examining you, it is impossible to say what implant may or may not look good in you- and irresponsible to try. Furthermore, doing so my even compromise your ability to be happy with whatever you eventually have done!

Think of it this way- if one of us does give in and guess which implant we think might look good in you, and you let this affect your judgment and decision making, it may affect your surgeon's ability to help you make decisions in a way that is in your best interests.

Similarly, it would not be responsible, ethical, or professional of me to guess what your recovery will be like without knowing a lot more about your body, the details of the operation you are going to have (not all tummy tucks are the same), your tolerance for pain, etc...

For all of these reasons, the very best, most honest, ethical answer anybody could give you is to advise you to discuss all of this with your surgeon. Only he will have the detailed understanding of what is going to be done to you, and how his patients typically experience their recovery periods to answer your questions properly.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful- but the reality is that I wouldn't be doing you (or your surgeon) any favors to guess at these things.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

I Want Natural-Looking Implants, What's Best If I'm a 38C Now?

+1

A natural looking result after a breast implant depends greatly on the shape of the combined native breast tissue and the implant. The weight difference between silicone and saline is essentially none. Soft is also something that is desirable, but there are risks of scar tissue formation with breast implants that can make them feel or look firm in a percentage of patients. It sounds like you are having a lot of surgery in one day so you will be pretty sore, especially the first few days. Moving around is needed to avoid developing a blood clot so taking your pain pills is a must.

Julio Garcia, MD

Postop pain

+1

Pain can vary greatly by individual, the number of procedures, type of pain medication, etc. On occasion, patients opt to spend one night in the hospital to manage pain rather then go home. What to do needs to be decided at your consultation

Michael Hueneke, MD