Different Size Nostrils After Rhinoplasty

4 weeks post op and I have noticed one of my nostrils is smaller then the other. It looks like it needs to be filled out as it looks like its collapsing!! it feels very soft and fleshy like theres no support in it. When I breathe in the nostril goes right in. Is this normal?

Different Nostrils after Rhinoplasty

+1

Nostril asymmetry 4 weeks after surgery  does not bother me - evaluate thisafter the swelling has resolved.It is also difficult to judge the softness or texture of the nostril rim  shortly after the operation. The severity of collapse does depend on how hard you inspire and  the presence of residual swelling causing obstruction in that nostril Talk to your surgeon and get a second opinion if necessary.

Different size nostrils after rhinoplasty

+1

Either a nasal valve defect, as previously described or a surgery defect. Photos will help. Seek opinions from aditional surgeons.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Nasal Valve Collapse

+1

Hi,

What your describing is what sounds like nasal valve collapse. That can happen if too much cartilage is removed from the nose. At 4 weeks post - op it sounds a little early but its possible.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS