What Size Should I Go to to Have Natural Looking Breasts?

I am 5ft 2, weigh 8 stone 7 pounds. I am a size 10 in some shops and size 8 in others. My breasts are about a size 34AA-34A. Again I am not sure as some shops a 34A bra is too big! I have been told I have broad shoulders so could get away with big size. I think I want a full C cup or D cup, under the muscle. Would this look natural and less chance of rippling. I want to look bigger but natural, I don't want them to look like balls on my chest like Victoria Beckhams did. Thankyou! im 31yr

Implant size for natural looking breast augmentation result

+2

The actual size of a breast implant, measured in cc's, is really not very descriptive of what a breast augmentation will look like, or what the cup size will be. It is all relative to the size of the breast and the size of the patient preoperatively. A tall, broad-shouldered patient with small A-cup breasts may require 450cc implants to achieve a C-cup breast volume postoperatively, while a shorter patient with medium B-cup breasts may only need a 250cc implant to achieve a C-cup breast volume.

If a natural appearance is the goal, then the way to get the size right is to 'try out' different implant volumes and profiles in the operating room. Once the implant pockets have been created, sterile sizers can be placed in the implant pockets, and the upper half of the O.R. table raised so that the resulting breast appearance can be assessed with the patient in an upright 'sitting' position (chest fully upright) while under anesthesia. These sizers are available not only for each implant size but also for each implant profile: low, moderate and high (in this practice we use high-profile implants only in rare instances). Inflatable sizers are used for saline implant augmentations, and pre-filled gel sizers are used for gel implant augmentations.

For any patient there is obviously a range of implant volumes that would be considered natural-appearing, and a volume at which the upper pole of the breast begins to look very unnatural. While one patient may seek an augmentation that is 'perfectly natural', another may be interested in a result that is more on 'the full side of natural', and many patients do ask that the largest implant volume be selected that does not produce an unnatural fullness in the upper pole. By using breast implant sizers intra-operatively to determine exactly what breast implant profile and volume produces the best breast appearance in the O.R., patients can be provided with the closest possible approximation of their preoperative goals, and can be assured of a natural-appearing result.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

"Natural" looking breast augmentation

+2

Basically, the best looking natural result you can get is to use a moderate profile (now called classic) implant under the muscle with the base width of the implant chosen to best suit your chest wall base width.  If you are wide, this will not be a small implant so you will get good volume but by staying away from the higher profile implants (mod +, HP), you will avoid the unnatural look.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Natural appearance after breast augmentation

+1

If you truly want natural looking breasts, most women have somewhere between a B and a C cup. See a plastic surgeon and get sized for an implant that will place you in this size range. If your frame can carry a D, then that is okay too. The chance of rippling depends on how much of your own tissue you have padding the implants. Good luck.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Implant choices

+1

WIthout an exam it is hard to say what would look right for you. This decision is really based upon your goals, and your overall anatomy.  I will say usually  the smaller you go the more natural they will look.

Natural Breast Augmentation

+1

Achieving a natural appearance after breast augmentation is often the goal of my patients. With this goal in mind, I will take extensive breast measurements which will assist me in selecting an implant that both meets the patients goals while fitting the patient's chest wall dimensions. Submuscular (under the muscle) placement of an implant is often my choice when I am trying to 'hide' the implant in slender patients. Modern implants come in various widths as well as projection, so that I generally will have several options available in order to help you achieve the size you desire.

Antonio Gayoso, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

"Natural" Breast Implants

+1

Achieving a natural appearance after breast augmentation is based on several several factors.  The most important of these is to choose implants sizes based on your body measurement and on how much and how tight your current breast tissue is.   Going beyond your tissue parameters will yield "unnatural" results.   This happen more often the "bigger" you go.  

It's important to communicate your desires with your plastic surgeon and show what you consider natural and unnatural by bringing photographs that can be used as examples.  Your surgeon will then be responsible for communicating to you what can be realistically achieved after you are examined.  You can then make an informed decision based on that information. 

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

"stone" equals 14 lbs?

+1
Had to look up the measurement :-). You seem to have a short frame but the size 8-10 and "broad shoulders" suggest that you would be able to "carry" a relatively "natural" appearing full C-D cup without a "balls on the chest" appearance. The determining factors are your soft tissue layer, your proportion, the volume, profile and positioning of the implants chosen, and hopefully not developing capsular contracture which can lead to a ball on the chest appearance even with the best planning and well performed surgery. Cheers!

David J. Levens, MD
Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

Natural Look

+1

'Natural' means different things to different people.  It's important that you review your desires with your doctor so you're confident he understands you.  By far the biggest source of disappointment I find among patients isn't because they chose a bad surgeon...but rather because things weren't communicated properly.  Implants come in many shapes and sizes and selecting what's right for you is generally easy if your doctor is experienced.  If you post photos I could generally give you more information.  Good Luck!!!

Scott E. Newman, MD, FACS

Natural Looking Breasts after Breast Augmentation?

+1

It will be very important for you to communicate your goals carefully with your plastic surgeon.

In my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.    I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.