How Much Size Do You Loose with Lift?

How much size can you expect to loose with a lift? Ive been thinking of downsizing my implants, all the surgeons i've seen have said if I downsize I need a lift because my nipple is sitting low. I was wondering if I just got a lift maybe it would change my mind about downsizing?

Size Change with Breast Lift

+1

The amount of tissue (skin) removed with a breast lift is quite negligible, so the volume will be essentially the same.  The difference is the tightness of the tissues, creating a (hopefully) rounder and more shapely breast.  Performing a lift over existing implants will place more tissue towards the front of the implant.  I anticipate that this would make you appear a bit larger and not smaller.  It would improve the shape as well, but difficult to give you more specifics without photos to evaluate.  Better yet, see a qualified board certified plastic surgeon to review all of the options with you. All the best.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breasts compress or compact about 1/2 to 1 size with a breast lift.

+1

Take your breasts in your hands and compress them up against your chest like a tight bra. Did they get smaller? Sure they did! Same effect with a lift or mastopexy. To a lesser extent with a breast augment. That is why you can never think I have 300 ccs of breast tissue...if I have 300 cc implants placed I will have 600 cc total. Always some compression will occur! Hope this helps.

Manuel M. Pena, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Lift

+1

There are so many combinations and options that a cookie cutter answer here does not work. Sometimes just changing the profile of the implant will take care of the problem.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

How Much Size Do You Loose with Lift?

+1

You do not lose breast tissue with a lift only skin.  However, I do think that some women with saggy breasts that are less dense may feel as though there has been a reduction in size of 0.5 cup or so.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts and breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Size Loss with Breast Lift

+1

You lose no breast tissue during a breast lift. All that is removed is a little skin. While it may seem you lose size, this is an illusion from the fact that the superior part of the breast is fuller. Your bra cup size should not change.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Size change with breast lift

+1

Hi ss458bun

Its very hard to comment specifically on your case without photos, at a minimum, and a full examination by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon is better still. However, in principle...

Most breast lift procedures require a small amount of breast gland to be removed to assist repositioning & holding the nipple in the new position. The volume loss is usually proportional to the height change in the nipple - so long shifts often require greater amounts of breast tissue to be removed.

If your nipple is sitting low on your breast mound at the moment, the lift is likely to make you happier with the shape/arrangement of your breasts. Breast lifts often give the impression of the breast being bigger, even though the real volume does not change much. 

Good luck

Gavin Sandercoe, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Lift and downsizing

+1

An in -office exam is essential to adequately evaluate you. If a lift is requried, it really depends how saggy you are. In most cases not a lot of tissue is removed.

Size change with lift

+1

You may change up to one cup size smaller since you are folding less loose skin into your bra cup.  You usually appear fuller up top and perkier overall so not a bad trade off

Charles R. Nathan, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Photos would be helpflul

+1

In order to answer your question, before photos would be very helpful.make the.

When I perform a lift, a patient typically fills out their existing bras much better, and the gap is removed from the sagging skin envelope.     Typically a lift will not decrease the size, unless there is a mini reduction involved-you will see a slight change

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

How Much Size Do You Loose with Lift?

+1

One often useful trick is to elevate an arm over the head in front of a mirror. Sometimes there is an apparent one cup size change, even though, obviously, nothing was removed. If that look seems ok, consider a lift  alone. All the best.