What Size Inplants Should I Get?

I am a size 8 with 34 C cup breasts and i am thinking about having breast inplants to make myself a D cup as since i have has my daughter my breasts have sagged a little and have some excess skin. i have seem a surgeon who recommened 365 gram or 315 gram inplants which i personally thought were too big for me,especially the 365 gram ones! i dont want them to look to obvious or be to big,but the surgeon told me if i go any smaller than 315 gram inplants they wont be as high as i'd like.plz help

What size implants are best?

+2

That is a very personal decision and one that you must be comfortable with.  You mentioned your breasts have sagged a little and if you're desiring the perkiest look possible, a breast lift could be in your future.  You should be comfortable with the size as you are the one who will be wearing them.  Sizers in stretch cup brassieres work very well for my patients and they all feel what they saw with the sizer is what they got after their procedure after upsizing by around 10%.  Discuss this further with your doctor if you are having any doubts or questions about what your end result will be.  He/She should make you feel confident in what to expect and what result you will achieve.

Size selection

+2

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.
This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.
Hope this helps.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Don't get hung up on the #s

+2

This is a common fear in someone about to have breast augmentation surgery: What size to choose? While it is not an exact science, there is a more objective formula to help determine the right size. This formula, coupled with your desires, should allow for a very successful result. The formula takes into account measurements of your breasts, chest wall, height and weight, as well as skin stretch and native breast tissue.  This formula can help, but so can trying on various sized implants. If there is ever a concern regarding size with breast implants, the overriding concern is that the size chosen was not big enough. Choose a surgeon who makes you feel comfortable, answers your questions, uses objective measurements and matches them with your subjective desires. Good luck.

Michael Burgdorf, MD

Implant Selection Process

+1

The larger the implant, the higher the risk of complications.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD