Want Higher, Rounder, Fuller Look - What Size Implants Should I Get?

I currently have 400 cc moderate plus Mentor implants placed about a year ago. I had the crecent mastopexy done at the same time. I have been unhappy with them since about 2 months after surgery. I wanted them higher ,rounder and fuller ( i like the fake look) and they are nothing like the pics I showed. My PS now thinks I need a full inverted t lift,high profile 600 cc implants,with the internal bra procedure using my skin not the synthetic stuff. Can't post pic but u can see pic on my profile.

Implant Volume Increase and a Lift Are Needed For Higher and Fuller Looking Breasts

+2

Certainly breast implant volume is a big part of your needs to get fuller and rounder, but you have to be careful to not just push volume alone. The history of 4 children and a prior crescent mastopexy suggests that loose skin is part of the problem also. The combination of a 50% volume increase (400ccs to 600ccs) will be helpful but skin tightening (lift) is likely part of the solution also. While staging this revision (implant first followed by the lift secondarily if necessary) has some advantages, it is not the most economically efficient obviously. Both implant exchange and a lift done together appears to be the right direction to go. You should also keep in mind that another revision may still be needed for some tweaking based on how it heals and looks. The combination of implants and a lift is artistically one of the hardest cosmetic breast procedures to do and there are a lot of variables that can affect how they heal and look from a symmetry standpoint.

Achieving a fake look for breast implants.

+2

Since you signed of as "mommy of 4" I assume you have had four children.  Achieving a fake look is much harder in someone who has had 4 pregnancies.  No matter how big an implant, the breasts are never as high and tight as they might have been if you had not had children.

Having said that, using a high profile, round implant would be the best choice of implants.  I am also not a big fan of crescent mastopexy as I do not believe it provides any tightening or cinching of the skin envelope, which many women need after having had 4 children.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

More projection with implants

+2

I am assuming that you have the saline implants.  I would recommend that you go with the high profile implants, with greater cc's.  If you choose the silicone implants, they will size for size appear a bit smaller and tend to have less projection than saline.

I would have to examine you to give you an exact size.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Breast Implant Sizing For Revisionary Surgery?

+1

Clear communication with your plastic surgeon in regards to your size and breast implant position goals are critical preoperatively. If in doubt regarding one surgeon's recommendations additional recommendations may be helpful  to give you peace of mind. Make sure you are consulting with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

In regards to communication I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.   I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 

Bigger implants for rounder, fuller look

+1

Breast implants will add volume and fullness to the breasts, especially in the upper pole, whereas the mastopexy or breast lift will tighten the skin envelope around the implants and reposition the breast tissue and nipples superiorly. 600cc or larger implants are very large and may cause more issues in the long term due to stretching of your tissues, so you may wish to discuss the probability of future surgery and revisions before you undergo the second procedure.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Higher rounder breast implants

+1

Higher and rounder is a perfect description of the high profile breast implant, and if you do want even fuller than your current 400cc implant then a 200cc increase at least is needed to push you up an additional cup size. If your do indeed like the 'fake' look I think you are on the right track. We rarely use a 'T' pattern any more in breast lift so make sure that part is carefully thought out.

peterejohnsonmd

+1

I recommend a 2 stage approach. Ist stage operation replacement to 600 to 650 cc. Wait 3 to 6 months second stage full skin only lift or L shaped lift. Regards from MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

LIft and implants

+1

If you want the implants sitting higher, you may need a more formal lift to achieve that. But, remember the skin will rebound a bit and the breasts may not be as high as you want.

600 cc breast implants are huge.

+1

Hi.

1) When doing breast augmentation in Manhattan, we never use implants bigger than 500 cc's. Very large implants age very badly and stretch out your tissues.

2) In my opinion, an inverted T approach is not indicated for a breast lift, specially together with implants. Much safer to use a lollipop scar.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

How To Acheive "Fake" Look With Implants

+1

In order to achieve the "fake" look with implants ( rounder, higher), you often need a HP saline implant overfilled to make it firmer ans stay rounder.  The plan that your surgeon layed out sounds completely reasonable.  A full lift will elevate and tighten the tissues, the internal bra will support the implant, and the rounder/larger implant will give you that upper pole fullness to achieve the look you desire.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon